XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-19-2015, 12:55 AM   #1
chakis
Registered
Rep
Drives: e70 3.0d

Exclamation E70 3.0d xdrive electric folding towing hitch error

Hello,

I have a problem with electric folding towing hitch on my x5 e70, 2009 xdrive.
The old one hitch was stuck on the open position (red hitch error on the dash appeared) so I bought working used one (without modules, but with the folding motor and wires). After installing - it works only on manual mode (i need to press the button until hitch opens or closes and then release the button, error always shown on dash with 8 dongs sound signal). I cannot use it in auto (one press of button, did not need to hold it). Red LED on release button on trunk now always flashes. When it was working before - LED was in green. Trailer lights are working ok.

What I have tried - replacing electric tow hitch module to new one from dealers, did not help. Also checked sensor of the motor - it is not faulty. Maybe I need coding? I do not know, please help. Any feedback would be appreciated.

p.s. I have no cameras, only PDC.
Appreciate 0