XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-13-2015, 05:06 AM   #1
sebringbmw
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 X5

X5 MSport Alloys MV227 Cracked

Im a newbie to X5 ownership (around 3 months) - and whilst i love it, i am starting to hate BMW!

I had the security update done at Berry Heathrow (in UK) - was told it takes around 4 hours, but got a call at the end of the day saying it will be another day.

I also asked them to program in a remote for the rear entertainment system as i didnt get one with the car - on the forums, other dealerships have done it for free, but i was charged £99!

Anyway, i was called at lunchtime saying the car was ready, only to find out it wasnt - still needed the complimentary wash (well, £99 wash - lol)

Anyway, whilst waiting - i was told that both rear alloys have started to crack - replacement is £1710 for both, and they are not covered under the BMW recall which was the MV225 alloys.

So, has anyone else had this issue with cracked alloys? Esp the MV227's? There seems to be quite a few on ebay coming up which are which makes me think its more common then BMW are making out.

Is it worth creating a facebook page and getting watchdog (consumer program) involved?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 09:55 AM   #2
joe_planet
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d

how are they cracking? can you post a pic? the wheels might be refurbished for a lot cheaper than 1700 quid. ask around for options.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 10:05 AM   #3
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Might be tough to prove that the wheels weren't cracked due negligence on your part, or on the part of the previous owner.

For that price, it would be much easier to just find a replacement set of wheels from another E70 or an F15. There are plenty to choose from.
Appreciate 0