XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

09-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #1
SouthShoreM3
Passes everything but the gas station
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Quick Review of ESS TUNE for X5M

All,

So I have only owned the car for about a week but one of the mods that was a must have is more power.

I have driven with the ESS TUNE for about 350 miles and the car has definitely transformed. Their is alot more response with and without the M button engaged. From 2500-5700RPM the car pulls so much harder in comparison to stock format.

On the service side I had told Roman that I was getting and X5M (2011) as he was a huge help with my 2010 E90 M3 back in June. I had some major issues with another E9x vendor and ESS came to the rescue.

They overnighted the hardware to do the updates in which I got on Saturday morning (a few weeks ago). Sent my file to AJ and by early Monday morning I was up and running. Just another flawless transaction I have had with ESS. Thank you gentlemen.

So the software for car is still adapting to the car and my driving style as the previous owner was a woman in her mid 60s.

Before the tune the car was quick don't get me wrong, but it struggled to increase speed once into the 80mph range. With this software update, the vehicle is struggling for traction in 2nd-4th gears.

I took a trip two weeks ago to VT and got to really push it. I was amazed at how quickly it got into triple digits. I think once the vehicle adapts to the software I will really be able to see the capabilities of the vehicle.

I have noticed that because there is more boost, the exhaust gasss are struggling to get out from the DPs and stock exhaust. I have a Dinan set up coming tomorrow. I believe this will help a great deal.

DPs are to be determined as I need emissions passing in a yearly basis. I already go through enough of a hassle with the SC ESS 575 E90 M that I have.

The bad news it that I was rear ended coming back from VT. Saw the bill on Friday last week. Over $20k in damage.

I will not have the car for a while. So in the meantime the M3 is going to be GETTIG a lot more driving time.

Thanks to Roman and AJ. Great product, great price and great service. The car has no lights or issues from the tune.

What more could you ask for!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 10:05 AM   #2
sales@ESSTuning
Rep
Drives: ESS M3 / M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthShoreM3 View Post
All,

So I have only owned the car for about a week but one of the mods that was a must have is more power.

I have driven with the ESS TUNE for about 350 miles and the car has definitely transformed. Their is alot more response with and without the M button engaged. From 2500-5700RPM the car pulls so much harder in comparison to stock format.

On the service side I had told Roman that I was getting and X5M (2011) as he was a huge help with my 2010 E90 M3 back in June. I had some major issues with another E9x vendor and ESS came to the rescue.

They overnighted the hardware to do the updates in which I got on Saturday morning (a few weeks ago). Sent my file to AJ and by early Monday morning I was up and running. Just another flawless transaction I have had with ESS. Thank you gentlemen.

So the software for car is still adapting to the car and my driving style as the previous owner was a woman in her mid 60s.

Before the tune the car was quick don't get me wrong, but it struggled to increase speed once into the 80mph range. With this software update, the vehicle is struggling for traction in 2nd-4th gears.

I took a trip two weeks ago to VT and got to really push it. I was amazed at how quickly it got into triple digits. I think once the vehicle adapts to the software I will really be able to see the capabilities of the vehicle.

I have noticed that because there is more boost, the exhaust gasss are struggling to get out from the DPs and stock exhaust. I have a Dinan set up coming tomorrow. I believe this will help a great deal.

DPs are to be determined as I need emissions passing in a yearly basis. I already go through enough of a hassle with the SC ESS 575 E90 M that I have.

The bad news it that I was rear ended coming back from VT. Saw the bill on Friday last week. Over $20k in damage.

I will not have the car for a while. So in the meantime the M3 is going to be GETTIG a lot more driving time.

Thanks to Roman and AJ. Great product, great price and great service. The car has no lights or issues from the tune.

What more could you ask for!
Glad you like it. Good luck with the repairs
Appreciate 0