XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-25-2007, 02:17 PM   #1
morty
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6 xDrive50i

Production availability for the X6

My local dealer told me they had finally been briefed by BMW on the X6. Then model names are 3.0si and 4.4si. So the guys on this blog have been right all along – the 4.4 twin-turbo is the V8 of choice! This is quite a relief to me, as most magazines had been predicting the normally-aspirated 4.8 for the V8.

Unfortunately, my dealer quoted April and July as availability dates for the 3.0si and 4.4si respectively. If the 4.4 doesn’t make the scene until July, and it’s a model-year 2008, I think I’ll have to wait! If it debuts as a 2009, then I’ll be the first in line… Has anyone heard any news to the contrary concerning release dates? Would BMW really release the car as an ’08 so late in the model year??
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2007, 05:14 AM   #2
Mr.Marvelous
the name says it all...
Turkey
Rep
Drives: F30 BMW 320i Sport Line

Yeah I heard that too...

3.0si will be the same engine as the 335i . I don't think that 4.4 TT V8 was used before. That thing has to have at least 450hp 's , just in order to compete with the cayenne turbo.

There will also be 3.0d and 3.0sd versions of X6 in europe...

I don't think they will make a partial release of the car. It will be released in april with all of the engine choices or not.