XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

12-14-2007, 06:34 PM   #1
morty
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6 xDrive50i

Motor Trend drives the X6 and evaluates DPC (Dynamic Performance Control).

Motor Trend on-line has published an article on the X6:

http://www.motortrend.com/features/a..._preview_drive

The article is mostly a review of the new DPC system manufactured by ZF. This system will be standard on the X6 and will eventually find it’s way into other all-wheel-drive BMWs.

I gleamed a few interesting quotes from the article (and snagged a few new photos). Here are some of the more interesting quotes and comments:

- Motor Trend (MT) says the cars they drove had 6-speed transmissions. The earlier article by Autocar (see my thread below) states that the car has a new 8-speed automatic transmission…

- On interior size, MT says: “On closer inspection, it’s clear the X6 pulls off a rather extraordinary feat of packaging. The roofline’s downward taper is merely a visual trick because the inside of the X6 is actually impressively roomy. The seating position for front and rear passengers feels much lower than in the X5. The driving position is much more carlike, and though you’re laid back, rear-seat legroom is surprisingly good.” “Also impressive is the rear-seat headroom. Cutouts in the headliner provide a couple extra of inches of clearance.” “And it doesn’t end there: The cargo room behind the rear seats is equally impressive given the roofline. The deep trunk looks as though it could swallow several large suitcases, and there’s under-floor storage similar to the X5’s.”

- They go on at length about the new Dynamic Performance Control system – you’ll have to read it… but they seemed to be quite impressed.

- One little gem - MT says: “BMW claims the X6 is about 4600 pounds…” THAT sounds pretty good to me; considering the current 4.8i X5 weighs around 5300!!

Happy Reading...
Appreciate 0