XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-03-2009, 10:13 PM   #1
tl9954
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: x6

no x6 m yet

spoke w/ my dealer tonight and he said that is not very likely anyone has purchased an x6 m yet. the dealships have not even received there allotments yet but they do know how many they will be able to build. you can price one out and pre order it and be on top of their list. the ones that are at the dealerships now are just a launch vechiles.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 10:40 PM   #2
TTBear
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 Huracán/'19 M2Comp/'23 X4M

Yep, more or less. I have a build slot confirmed for October, and have entered provisional specifications. My dealer has received their allotments, as have other dealerships in Canada, so maybe US dealers are somewhat behind? My dealer actually only received one allocation - for a blue X5M, on which they could not even change the specs. They had to beg and plead for our X6M allocation!
I note that we can't order ventilated seats or Piano Black interior trim in Canada, whereas you can in the States.
Hopefully, this will change, when final options become apparent.
      09-04-2009, 09:40 AM   #3
tl9954
Enlisted Member
Rep

have you dealt w/ piano black trim? heard it is very difficult to take care of but the launch vechilt had it and it goods very nice!! i am the 1st slot with my dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2009, 10:11 AM   #4
TTBear
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl9954 View Post
have you dealt w/ piano black trim? heard it is very difficult to take care of but the launch vechilt had it and it goods very nice!! i am the 1st slot with my dealer.
I have piano black in my M3 (see my signature). I anticipate it will be difficult to keep pristine, but as I am Captain Anal Retentive about our cars, it shouldn't be a problem!
I just got an email from my dealer - apparently, we can order Piano black/ventilated seats, but only as a "special order", for which we also pay a CDN$400 premium on top of the option, which in itself costs $715
We don't like piano black THAT much, LOL.
      09-04-2009, 11:43 AM   #5
tl9954
Enlisted Member
Rep

that sucks. i thing i am going to go with the brusher al. trip, black interior w/ full leather, no ventitated seats, w/ pre. sound, drivers assis., cold weather, rear climate, soft close clost, comfort access, space saver, sat. radio, smart phone inter, white exterior. Cap. Anal my self so black is out of the question. Want so see the melbourne in person. Used to have a x5 4.8 is in imola that i loved.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2009, 11:29 PM   #6
TTBear
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl9954 View Post
that sucks. i thing i am going to go with the brusher al. trip, black interior w/ full leather, no ventitated seats, w/ pre. sound, drivers assis., cold weather, rear climate, soft close clost, comfort access, space saver, sat. radio, smart phone inter, white exterior. Cap. Anal my self so black is out of the question. Want so see the melbourne in person. Used to have a x5 4.8 is in imola that i loved.
Nice! Your X6 sounds like it will be a winner. Melbourne is killer, but a little too "look at me", for my wife. And yep - Imola is a GREAT colour. Have only seen it on an e46 M3, but it was beautiful.

Good luck!
      09-05-2009, 04:01 PM   #7
rleestma
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 M

Have one

Don't know what to tell you guys, I have one in my garage. The dealer did tell me that availability was ridiculous...

http://www.youtube.com/user/rleestma

Ryan
Appreciate 0