XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

06-18-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
O4x5dude
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Interior Trim Removal DIY

Hey guys, new to the forum (transferred from E92post ). I was wondering if anyone has a DIY for the interior trim removal. Picked up an X5 M pack , Sapphire Black with Cinnamon interior, trim is Aluminium but a little scratched up. I'm trying to do a CF wrap project on it.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited by O4x5dude; 06-18-2013 at 07:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 02:42 AM   #2
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by O4x5dude
Hey guys, new to the forum (transferred from E92post ). I was wondering if anyone has a DIY for the interior trim removal. Picked up an X5 M pack , Sapphire Black with Cinnamon interior, trim is Aluminium but a little scratched up. I'm trying to do a CF wrap project on it.
Thanks in advance for the help.
Welcome! I, too, came from the E9X M3. I love my X5 for what it is. Post pics of yours.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 07:41 AM   #3
jww///95
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f31xd | f80m3

Dig through this site > http://bmw.workshop-manuals.com/X_Se...dex.php?id=233

For example, "2 Repair Instructions" / "51 Body Equip" / "16 Mirrors, covers, ashtrays…" / "25… Decorative trim on center console" has everything you need to remove the two trim pieces that flank the center console.

I'm working on the same vinyl wrap of all the woodgrain trim. Dash pieces were all easy to remove and are wrapped. Door trim is easy as well, but just pull the entire door panel as it's much easier to wrap the trim when off the truck and there's not a ton of time spend pulling the panels. Glovebox I did in place, but will redo now that I found these instructions for removal of the lid trim. Last piece I have are the center console strips, and now that I found these instructions it should be pretty straightforward.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 11:40 AM   #4
O4x5dude
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jww///95 View Post
Dig through this site > http://bmw.workshop-manuals.com/X_Se...dex.php?id=233

For example, "2 Repair Instructions" / "51 Body Equip" / "16 Mirrors, covers, ashtrays…" / "25… Decorative trim on center console" has everything you need to remove the two trim pieces that flank the center console.

I'm working on the same vinyl wrap of all the woodgrain trim. Dash pieces were all easy to remove and are wrapped. Door trim is easy as well, but just pull the entire door panel as it's much easier to wrap the trim when off the truck and there's not a ton of time spend pulling the panels. Glovebox I did in place, but will redo now that I found these instructions for removal of the lid trim. Last piece I have are the center console strips, and now that I found these instructions it should be pretty straightforward.
Thanks for the link. This is why this forum is great, people helping out each other.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 02:50 PM   #5
MaxSpeedX5M
Need 4 Speed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

i think there is a guy on the forums who did a vinyl wrap with the trim pieces still on the car. he has pictures and it turned out pretty nice.

okay, just looked it up and his name is Don Nguyen. Below is a link on the work he did. hope this helps.

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=816176
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 11:43 PM   #6
cedchung
Lieutenant
Mauritius
Rep
Drives: 2011 F25, 2014 F30

Does anyone have some actual pictures?
I am having a hard time removing the centre console trim strips.
Thanks