XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

02-28-2009, 05:41 PM   #45
Silverbear
Rep
Drives: 2008 X5 4.8

I don't understand why the M// thing is so charged

I haven't owned a BMW for long and maybe that is why. I have an X5 and if I could have gotten it with more power than the 4.8, I would have. I live on a road that a BMW car other than X series can't safely come down.

I'd absolutely love to have an M3, and maybe some day I will, but it would probably cost me more than the car to fix the road, and while I got my X5 with .9% financing, I don't know if any paving company offering that kind of deal. But who knows, maybe in the current economy there is

I'll probably trade up to the M version of the X5 shortly after they make it available. No, I'm never going to drive it on a track or race, I just enjoy every bit of performance I can get on the wonderful mountain roads near me. I don't think BMW would be harming their brand in the least to offer an M SUV. In fact, for some guys like me who really can't practically use any of the other M series models, this is a great way to capture our business and add us as loyal customers of that brand who will buy the M series SUV's and maybe also the cars someday if practical.

When I started shopping for my current SUV, I had no expectation at all that I'd end up with a Bimmer. I was planning on a Porsche Cayenne Turbo. I fell in love with the looks of the Cayenne when they first came out. But when I drove them, I found they really were not that comfortable for me. I don't have a problem paying $100K for a nice car. But paying $100K for an uncomfortable car would be dumb. My quest for comfort led me to go try virtually all the luxury SUV's out there, and BMW won me over, but it was mainly the feel of driving the X5 that got me, and the comfort of it for me and my family was a necessary condition to make it a reasonable purchase.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2009, 06:35 PM   #46
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbear View Post
I haven't owned a BMW for long and maybe that is why. I have an X5 and if I could have gotten it with more power than the 4.8, I would have. I live on a road that a BMW car other than X series can't safely come down.

I'd absolutely love to have an M3, and maybe some day I will, but it would probably cost me more than the car to fix the road, and while I got my X5 with .9% financing, I don't know if any paving company offering that kind of deal. But who knows, maybe in the current economy there is

I'll probably trade up to the M version of the X5 shortly after they make it available. No, I'm never going to drive it on a track or race, I just enjoy every bit of performance I can get on the wonderful mountain roads near me. I don't think BMW would be harming their brand in the least to offer an M SUV. In fact, for some guys like me who really can't practically use any of the other M series models, this is a great way to capture our business and add us as loyal customers of that brand who will buy the M series SUV's and maybe also the cars someday if practical.

When I started shopping for my current SUV, I had no expectation at all that I'd end up with a Bimmer. I was planning on a Porsche Cayenne Turbo. I fell in love with the looks of the Cayenne when they first came out. But when I drove them, I found they really were not that comfortable for me. I don't have a problem paying $100K for a nice car. But paying $100K for an uncomfortable car would be dumb. My quest for comfort led me to go try virtually all the luxury SUV's out there, and BMW won me over, but it was mainly the feel of driving the X5 that got me, and the comfort of it for me and my family was a necessary condition to make it a reasonable purchase.

I agree many bimmers for many needs and that includes an "M " version of any of them if people want to buy it. We've become a nanny society where the self appointed few think they get to decide what the rest of us can have.
Appreciate 0