XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-30-2015, 07:34 PM   #1
LANDLORD
Turbo Engines are Fun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6M Monte Carlo Blue

CONTISPORTCONTACT 5 SSR SUV on X6M

I have been needing new tires for a long time, but with also riding a motorcycle as well, I have been able to put it off. I noticed that the new 2015 X6 had these tires on them, and I liked what I saw. I have never been a fan of the Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport mainly due to the ride quality.

I have recently installed these Continental Run Flat tires and so far I really like the difference in the ride quality. They are noticeably less harsh over bumps. They were more expensive for sure, but at this point it really seems like they are worth it. I have not been able to find any user reviews online, but I have a feeling that BMW heard enough complaints about the two tires they had been shipping the older X6 vehicles with, and they had Continental build them a better tire.

I did want to keep the Run Flat tires, due to the crowded Los Angeles freeways where I live. I like the fact that if I would have a puncture, I could at least exit the freeway before figuring out what to do about it. With these tires I have been more willing to get out and drive some more. They really are a nice improvement over the original tires I managed to keep on for 29,000 miles.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2015, 01:22 AM   #2
Sustanon250
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Conv. / 2015 E63amg 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by LANDLORD View Post
I have been needing new tires for a long time, but with also riding a motorcycle as well, I have been able to put it off. I noticed that the new 2015 X6 had these tires on them, and I liked what I saw. I have never been a fan of the Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport mainly due to the ride quality.

I have recently installed these Continental Run Flat tires and so far I really like the difference in the ride quality. They are noticeably less harsh over bumps. They were more expensive for sure, but at this point it really seems like they are worth it. I have not been able to find any user reviews online, but I have a feeling that BMW heard enough complaints about the two tires they had been shipping the older X6 vehicles with, and they had Continental build them a better tire.

I did want to keep the Run Flat tires, due to the crowded Los Angeles freeways where I live. I like the fact that if I would have a puncture, I could at least exit the freeway before figuring out what to do about it. With these tires I have been more willing to get out and drive some more. They really are a nice improvement over the original tires I managed to keep on for 29,000 miles.
29k out of the original tires ? That's gotta be a record !

Ps i agree with you about using run flats

Previous : 2013 GT-R , 2015 M135i, 2014 X6M, 2004 911t, 2013 Cayman, 2014 C63amg, E60 M5, E39 M5, E36 M3 and loads more!
Appreciate 0