XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

01-20-2014, 02:34 PM   #23
windsailor
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M Black Saphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleun481 View Post
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2014, 08:51 AM   #24
MonacoJoe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5M - Carbon Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsailor View Post

aaaand we now have sheep skin seat covers PLUS a kmart steering wheel cover on a 80K car.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2015, 12:22 PM   #25
serge1
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 35d

Garage List
2011 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
The stick-on badge is peanuts compared to this.
Saw this morning on the way to work. Sad thing, that paint is either from factory or cost a lot of $.

I pulled along side and had the biggest smirk on my face. The guy (a typical Amazon bro-grammer from his looks) was pissed. Sped off on green, good pull but we both knew it aint an //M3
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2015, 02:32 PM   #26
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge1 View Post
Saw this morning on the way to work. Sad thing, that paint is either from factory or cost a lot of $.

I pulled along side and had the biggest smirk on my face. The guy (a typical Amazon bro-grammer from his looks) was pissed. Sped off on green, good pull but we both knew it aint an //M3
i don't get it, are you talking about those stripes?
      12-04-2015, 02:40 PM   #27
WULFFZA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i MSport / 2012 X5 35d

Adding a badge to pose the car as something it is not is super cheesy. You see it all over. Removing a 328i/528i badge, OK, some people just like to de-badge, but I know why you did it and that's sad.

What is the mindset of these people though? You know it is not an M model, non-car people don't understand the meaning and aren't paying attention, and car people know the difference and think you are a douche. Where is the win here? It's just sad. It is a clear and intentional action to say look at me because of my cool(er) car? Really?

I am not that offended by the M-Stripes being poser though, I believe they are stickers and available from the catalog. I think its about the same thing as wearing M gear, though I don't have an M. I wouldn't mind if he put an ///M in front of his 335i though, IF he had an engine tune and a suspension mod - but now I'm really getting technical ;-)

I saw a Porsche Macan S in the traffic this morning. Owner must have felt a little inferior, because he added a Turbo badge behind Macan S. We know it has a turbo buddy, but we know why you did it too - So you can say you have a Macan Turbo. Cheesy.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2015, 04:17 PM   #28
Cattivo
FDNY Engine 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M, X5 50i Msport, EscaHoe

Quote:

There's an AW 328i in my neighborhood with the M stripes from the front bumper across the roof to the rear bumper...it doesn't really bother me but it does amuse me
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2015, 04:41 PM   #29
KayTees
Tuned ///M Cars Only
Canada
Rep
Drives: '21 F87 M2C |'20 F97 X3MC

Garage List
awww yeee BMW Civic Si X anyone?

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2015, 05:16 PM   #30
dpie
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M

I don't know why but it really bothers me that someone on the first page said to key the car. I mean, really? That's someone's property, and if they're anything like us - it's their pride and joy. The fake M badge may be silly and we all know what the difference is - if anything it's a good laugh. Hopefully that was just a joke...
Appreciate 2
      12-04-2015, 05:57 PM   #31
technologiq
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW X5 4.8i Sport

Quote:

the stripes on the 335i look like Vinyl - not paint.

eh. putting the m-sport colors on a car isn't a huge deal. Especially when they're not emulating a existing M vehicle (AFAIK BMW does not have rear stripes like that on any car). Still not as bad as putting actual M badges on a non-m vehicle or debadging. Whenever I see a debadged 'luxury' vehicle I instantly assume they bought the cheapest model.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2015, 09:34 PM   #32
HollywoodsX5M
Private
Rep
Drives: 10 X5M

Wow this guy is so sadly lost in life, bet he is the type of guy that puts stickers on his car and thinks it adds 5 hp per sticker..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2015, 09:37 PM   #33
HollywoodsX5M
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge1

Unless he has the M-Sport package the sticker ain't bad, at least he doesn't have M3 on the back.. LOL
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2015, 09:38 PM   #34
HollywoodsX5M
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii
I see you driving around Edgewater and Fort Lee all the time stop light racing and cutting people off. But I knew you were a douche even before I pulled up because I saw that lovely poser badge from the beginning, you're not fooling anyone. Just saying...

Wow this guy is so sadly lost in life, bet he is the type of guy that puts stickers on his car and thinks it adds 5 hp per sticker..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2015, 10:59 PM   #35
SakM_5
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Panamera Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollywoodsX5M View Post
i think its a little crazy when i see "m sport" cars with the M plate frame, nevermind the "m sport" with an m badge and the plate frame.

If i had an "m sport" there is no way i'd put an m plate frame on an m sport, It's not an "m" its an "m sport". I've had an "m sport" in between all the "m" cars i've had and i could never pose like that.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 02:03 AM   #36
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by technologiq View Post
the stripes on the 335i look like Vinyl - not paint.

eh. putting the m-sport colors on a car isn't a huge deal. Especially when they're not emulating a existing M vehicle (AFAIK BMW does not have rear stripes like that on any car). Still not as bad as putting actual M badges on a non-m vehicle or debadging. Whenever I see a debadged 'luxury' vehicle I instantly assume they bought the cheapest model.
Agreed. The stickers looks stupid, but looks are subjective and the owner must like it? At least they're OEM…and inexpensive - http://www.getbmwparts.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462. At least they didn't put an M3 badge on that 335i - that would be worse IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris95559 View Post
i think its a little crazy when i see "m sport" cars with the M plate frame, nevermind the "m sport" with an m badge and the plate frame.

If i had an "m sport" there is no way i'd put an m plate frame on an m sport, It's not an "m" its an "m sport". I've had an "m sport" in between all the "m" cars i've had and i could never pose like that.
I get what you're saying…but I don't see the big deal if it's an ///M plate frame? The M Sport already has ///M stuff all over it from the factory - steering wheel, wheels, door sills, etc. If the plate frame was X5M then yes that would be different IMO. I hate license plate frames so I don't have an ///M frame or anything else but ///M badged stuff can be purchased for the most entry level BMW models now. You can put ///M performance stickers on an F30 320i - http://www.getbmwparts.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 09:37 AM   #37
blue dragon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 Tesla MY + '23 Tesla MY

Blame BMW for watering down the M brand with the MSport crap that can be found on any model now.
      12-23-2015, 10:50 AM   #38
RIHI
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
You should have keyed it just to teach him a lesson not be a DOUCHE.
What does that make the person who keys the car?
Appreciate 1
      12-23-2015, 12:43 PM   #39
UglyBuzzard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 / M5

Couldn't care less what people do to their cars - if he/she wants to put a M badge on their car - so what?

does nothing to affect me and much more to worry about in today's world

Don't worry be happy
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 01:11 PM   #40
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIHI View Post
What does that make the person who keys the car?
Yeah, come to think of it, would be hard to do that when he's driving
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 01:15 PM   #41
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dragon View Post
Blame BMW for watering down the M brand with the MSport crap that can be found on any model now.
Not just M Sport packaging, but ///M models in general. There's currently 9 available in the U.S., and that doesn't include the new M2.

The other side of the argument is, BMW should be allowed to evolve and expand their brand. Some argue the only ///M models should be an M3/M4 and M5. I think it was C&D that recently wrote about the sheer # of different BMW models available, and while many shutter at it, they're just trying to plug every hole where a potential buyer might reside. Hard to blame them for trying to reach more buyers, but I do agree the ///M name is not as special as it once was. I'd still buy one though
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 01:38 PM   #42
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
Not just M Sport packaging, but ///M models in general. There's currently 9 available in the U.S., and that doesn't include the new M2.

The other side of the argument is, BMW should be allowed to evolve and expand their brand. Some argue the only ///M models should be an M3/M4 and M5. I think it was C&D that recently wrote about the sheer # of different BMW models available, and while many shutter at it, they're just trying to plug every hole where a potential buyer might reside. Hard to blame them for trying to reach more buyers, but I do agree the ///M name is not as special as it once was. I'd still buy one though
Agree with you, but doesn't bother me. Buy what you like for you, not for impressing others, and life will be a lot easier!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2015, 12:33 AM   #43
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post

So what do you think of the M235i?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2015, 02:12 PM   #44
neliconcept
Fashion Photographer
Rep
Drives: 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
So what do you think of the M235i?
not only that but what about a m535i or m540 from the e28 and e34 days?

This has not been anything new guys. Let's not forget the m635csi

I have an m plate frame on my x5 4.8, just because it was given to me and I don't mind it, does that make me a douche? Now in regards to the OP image. That's extreme and he probably is a douche who doesn't know how to drive. Let him mess up his transmission and have poor gas mileage with the stop light WOT runs. As long as he isn't causing any harm. Let em be a dick.
Appreciate 0