XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

06-12-2023, 01:20 PM   #1
CH3Auto
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i X5

Exclamation BMW X5 Misfire codes After Valvetronic motor swap

Hey Guys,
So I am doing a job on a buddys car where I did basic diagnostics on and found it needed a valvetronic motor replced went thru ordered parts tore the motor down removed coils and injectors removed old motor and installed new one put motor back toghter with new gaskets and seals installed new seals on all injectors installed everything at torqued to spec started unit and unit coeds on the dash for the valvetronics and a misfire on cylinder 3 the codes were

2EFE Combustion Misfire, Several Cylinders: detected
2F01 Misfire, Cylinder 3
2EE0 Misfire, Several Cylinders fuel injector deactivation
2EEA Misfire, Cylinder 3: Fuel Injection deavtivation
2FAA Ignition, Cylinder 3: combustion periord too short

and it has a bunch of other codes cause the batter died while working on the car as well as the valvetronic codes due to not being able to reprogram the motor yet as car wont start or stay runing for code reader to prformed reprogram

all injectors and coils made it back to the same hole i pulled them from just in case they were coded pre each hole looking for advise dont work on foren cars at all and need to figure out why this car is codeding for a misfire it didnt come in with
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2023, 02:46 PM   #2
primeiro
Rep
Drives: X5 E70 2009

i have the i wont get no problem with my x5

i put in a new engine and same codes and it wont start either , also im not getting more then 200 bar
Appreciate 0