XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

07-22-2008, 02:11 PM   #1
Burgh
XDrive50i ordered May 23rd
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black X6 50i

Waiting for my new x6

This is the first time I have ever ordered a new car. I have always bought cars off the lot. My car that I am trading in is a 2002 Cadillac STS. 69,000 miles on it. It leaks all kinds of fluids all over my garage. Service lights come on every time I start the car. I expected so much more out of GM Top of the line car. The new X6 is due to arrive I think some time in Mid August. I have a feeling that my STS is going to break down and I will have to pay top dollar to get it fixed just in time to turn it in for my new x6...!

Any one else in the same situation or is dying over the wait for a new car?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 03:00 PM   #2
autodahn
Kassel Kid
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

I am waiting on an X6 50i performance center delivery. The last I heard it will be on Aug 8. Trading our 04 Jeep Liberty. That was a nice little car, well, truck really, in fact, kind of rides like an old Willys Jeep! I thought caddies were better than that. You are correct about GM needing to at least point to their flagship vehicle having at least some quality! The last GM car I had was a 83 Olds Cutlass Ciera, and I would not have gotten that had it not been a company car! I remember wistfully (telling my age!) of my dad's 59 Chevy...

What color/options did you order?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 03:40 PM   #3
Suzie's Dad
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: ML550/AMG

I was sorely tempted to buy one of the new CTS with direct injection, but I kept reading so many comments like yours that I just couldn't bring myself to take the plunge. Then the X6 was announced and I thought finally someone has designed the exact car I would design, so here I am, waiting to order an '09 50i with leather dash and all the goodies. The Cadillac was 40% cheaper. Damn BMW!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 04:27 PM   #4
Burgh
United_States
Rep

I ordered fully loaded x6 50i Jet Black with Chateau Red Alcantara leather...I saw the Red leather at my local dealer and I thought it was beautiful. It looks like a suade. I had concerns of stains. The dealer told me not to worry, but I am a little concerned. I purchased a warranty that protects and warranties against: premature fading, permanent staining, cracking, ultra- violet rays, drinks and spills, cigarette burns, rips and tears, punctures, ballpoint pen ink and lipstick….excludes animal damage.

It seems like the delivery day will never get here...!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 05:08 PM   #5
autodahn
Kassel Kid
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Any kids? Then you will need the optional melted crayon and chocolate rider! That color does look VERY good however...

Mine is also sapphire black, but with black perf. leather. Almost every option except sat. radio.

Cheers! AD
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 05:10 PM   #6
Daniel B
X6 Driver
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 3.5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgh View Post
I ordered fully loaded x6 50i Jet Black with Chateau Red Alcantara leather...I saw the Red leather at my local dealer and I thought it was beautiful. It looks like a suade. I had concerns of stains. The dealer told me not to worry, but I am a little concerned. I purchased a warranty that protects and warranties against: premature fading, permanent staining, cracking, ultra- violet rays, drinks and spills, cigarette burns, rips and tears, punctures, ballpoint pen ink and lipstick….excludes animal damage.

It seems like the delivery day will never get here...!
Nice combo What panel did you order?

Should look something like this www.carlskoga.com/x6
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 06:44 PM   #7
JMDHSMIAMI
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 X6 Space Grey/Oyster Nevada

Burgh: I had Chateau in my 06 650i and everyoe who sat in the car thought I had ordered a custom interior...Great choice !!!!!!!!!1
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 01:03 PM   #8
narrowgauge7.25
Rep
Drives: X6 30d

Just got a confirmed delivery date of 11 August for my 30d here in UK, I can't wait
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 01:06 PM   #9
Burgh
United_States
Rep

That is great news narrowgauge7.25....! You must be very excited. The next 2.5 weeks will seem like eternity...! Remember, patience is a virtue...!
Appreciate 0