XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

03-20-2010, 08:12 AM   #1
jouzef2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x6 5.0i

Does anyone see this message in X6

This message appears to me (not always) when i start the engine, & when the engine is cold.

I have x6 5.0 ..

Anyone knows anything about this message , I have gone to BMW Garage & they re programming the computer of my car & it still appears.

I think the cause of this problem that when i start the engine usually i press the bottom twice & I switch off the AC (because it runs on automatically) and i wait around 10 Sec when the sound stop & then i start the engine.

i know you will say why you do all of these , & my answer is i don't know , I heard before that it is better for the car not to start it directly , you should wait for a few sec' & then start the engine. I think when you pre start the engine (by pressing the bottom twice) you will give a chance to the oil to start flowing to the engine.
Is there a problem when i press the brake & start engine directly with out doing all these things??
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2010, 08:18 AM   #2
jouzef2
Private First Class
Rep

sorry for the large pic ;\
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2010, 12:20 PM   #3
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

What year is ur x6 50i? Others w/the same may have more Xact same idrive, may be more helpful.
During ignition at start up all the warning lights come on momentarily but goes out immediately after engine turns over, if u leave the AC on all the time or had it on when u shut off last, then AC will stay on @ the next start up.(Unless idrive have a new option in "Climate" to switch AC off @ start up).
Oil pressure sensor may be faulty or have loose connection? Use ur system check in iDrive, to confirm if anything is malfuctioning.
Depending on ur options i.e. active steer/AD/Air suspension etc. I think it's a good idea to shut off the AC & other accesories, before u shut off the engine so when u start again, the battery is not being drawn down too much ( especially if ur in an urban area where typical trips are short & u may restart many times during the day & the battery does not have enuf mileage in between to recharge fully).

Last edited by archwerks; 03-20-2010 at 12:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2010, 06:37 PM   #4
x6xdrive50i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 50I

I got that once, car was ok and the message only showed up for 2 seconds. Never seen it since.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 06:00 AM   #5
jouzef2
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by archwerks View Post
What year is ur x6 50i? Others w/the same may have more Xact same idrive, may be more helpful.
During ignition at start up all the warning lights come on momentarily but goes out immediately after engine turns over, if u leave the AC on all the time or had it on when u shut off last, then AC will stay on @ the next start up.(Unless idrive have a new option in "Climate" to switch AC off @ start up).
Oil pressure sensor may be faulty or have loose connection? Use ur system check in iDrive, to confirm if anything is malfuctioning.
Depending on ur options i.e. active steer/AD/Air suspension etc. I think it's a good idea to shut off the AC & other accesories, before u shut off the engine so when u start again, the battery is not being drawn down too much ( especially if ur in an urban area where typical trips are short & u may restart many times during the day & the battery does not have enuf mileage in between to recharge fully).
my car model is 2010
Mmm, u know i have searched in the setting & found nothing about not to open AC automaticlly when pre starting the car .
& I never shut off the engine before shutting off the AC .
i think this is a built in option that the AC runs on automaticlly when the engine starts
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 10:23 AM   #6
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Seems like a software bug to me. Or possibly borderline oil pressure sensor.
      03-21-2010, 07:54 PM   #7
jfewins
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

I saw it once for about 2 seconds as well. never since.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #8
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

If you have seen this more than once then I agree with chuck, bug or sensor.
When this happens I would check the messages in idrive to see if it has any warning messages,etc.
Appreciate 0