XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

03-31-2009, 11:22 PM   #1
lonely_dxb83
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

One of the biggest problem with my X6

hey everyone,,

I am really disappointed with my X6, its V8 2008 production.

The car was performing well at the beginging, then later on it started to became more havier in driving,,,

This is what happend, I was driving on the highway, speeding normally from 0 up to 200km, once it reach 200km, the rpm remain on the red line 7-8 and after that, directly I got the check enging light, reduce power msg, however I turn the car off, then on, the msg gone,,,

I tried for many times, and sometimes when I reach 170km, the rpm remain on red line and u feel the gear not changing any more and directly the check engine light msg,,

I took my car to the dealer, they said its the high pressure fuel pump problem, they change it, reprogrammed the car, once I took the car again from the dealer, the driving were perfect and the car wasnt heavy any more,,, I had doubt that maybe the problem still arrised, I tested my car again on highway, and again the nightmare appeared, the check engine light msg was there,,, I tried it many times, and again and again the same msg,, I took the car to the dealer,, and they told me they will test it,,
they change the turbo relay,, and I went with the technician for the road test, and i drove my car again and the msg appeared again, he told me maybe there is some electric problem or some cooler with turbo problem,,,

I will wait today for there call,, and i Dont know what they will tell me,, I really started to hate this car,, its too bad when u pay alot of $$ and u got problems which made u hate ur car,,,

one more thing,, before appearing the check engine msg, when I was driving my car up to 200km, the car perfoming more and u feel u can have more accelaration and speed and u feel the turbo pushing the car more and feeling its perfomance on the road, and now NO, up to 200km and rpm goes to red line and check engine appear,,,

please if anyone have any opinion towards that,, let me know as soon as possible,, DO u think if the problem arrised again, I have the right to replace the car with the new one?

Waiting,,,,,,,,,,
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2009, 02:04 AM   #2
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Sorry to hear!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2009, 10:22 AM   #3
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Well make sure they check the battery is the correct one, I know doesn't sound right but if you check this forum you will see it was at the cause of a lot of weird problems.

If you look at this thread (http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...69#post4821169) you will see someone else is having similar issue, you might want to PM them to see how theirs gets fixed.

As far as replacing the car I would ask your dealer to get BMW involved. When I had my "check engine light problem" the first thing the dealer did was replace the DMTL pump as that's what the code was showing, didn't fix it (they exchanged lot of info with BMW). My final fix was battery replacement and reprogramming the car , not sure which fixed it.

I understand your frustration in paying a lot of money for a car and having it break not when it's old but when it's brand new.

Last edited by dmlgc; 04-01-2009 at 12:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2009, 03:24 PM   #4
m3_p0wer
Private
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

man before a while i told u about that noise problem in the engine and same problem i can feel the car is heavy but now its ok but i also when i took the car to the dealer i had a really anoying ratteling noise in the dashboard !! they told me they fixed it but its more now its really annoying !!! whats ur mileage ? + our dealer is shit really ..
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2009, 04:07 PM   #5
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_p0wer View Post
man before a while i told u about that noise problem in the engine and same problem i can feel the car is heavy but now its ok but i also when i took the car to the dealer i had a really anoying ratteling noise in the dashboard !! they told me they fixed it but its more now its really annoying !!! whats ur mileage ? + our dealer is shit really ..
What kind of rattle?

I hear A/C chatter when the vent opens/closes with temp. I can duplicate moving the thermostat/temp setting from high to low. Sometimes it hunts for optimum vent setting making a chatter noise for a few seconds.
      04-01-2009, 04:22 PM   #6
MeEmZ
Doctor in the making
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: 08 X6 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_p0wer View Post
i have alot of rattling to ... just got it out of the dealer a couple days ago and the problem is still there btw... they changed the AC grill and the screen housing
      04-01-2009, 08:38 PM   #7
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonely_dxb83 View Post
hey everyone,,

The car was performing well at the beginging, then later on it started to became more havier in driving,,,

This is what happend, I was driving on the highway, speeding normally from 0 up to 200km, once it reach 200km, the rpm remain on the red line 7-8 and after that, directly I got the check enging light, reduce power msg, however I turn the car off, then on, the msg gone,,,

I tried for many times, and sometimes when I reach 170km, the rpm remain on red line and u feel the gear not changing any more and directly the check engine light msg,,

I took my car to the dealer, they said its the high pressure fuel pump problem, they change it, reprogrammed the car, once I took the car again from the dealer, the driving were perfect and the car wasnt heavy any more,,, I had doubt that maybe the problem still arrised, I tested my car again on highway, and again the nightmare appeared, the check engine light msg was there,,, I tried it many times, and again and again the same msg,, I took the car to the dealer,, and they told me they will test it,,
they change the turbo relay,, and I went with the technician for the road test, and i drove my car again and the msg appeared again, he told me maybe there is some electric problem or some cooler with turbo problem,,,

I will wait today for there call,, and i Dont know what they will tell me,, I really started to hate this car,, its too bad when u pay alot of $$ and u got problems which made u hate ur car,,,

one more thing,, before appearing the check engine msg, when I was driving my car up to 200km, the car perfoming more and u feel u can have more accelaration and speed and u feel the turbo pushing the car more and feeling its perfomance on the road, and now NO, up to 200km and rpm goes to red line and check engine appear,,,

please if anyone have any opinion towards that,, let me know as soon as possible,, DO u think if the problem arrised again, I have the right to replace the car with the new one?

Waiting,,,,,,,,,,
Let them try to fix it one more time and then ask BMW for a new vehicle. Sorry for all your problems. I can understand your frustration and have already been there and am on my second X6 now but this one seems ok so far.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2009, 08:40 PM   #8
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenard View Post
Let them try to fix it one more time and then ask BMW for a new vehicle. Sorry for all your problems. I can understand your frustration and have already been there and am on my second X6 now but this one seems ok so far.

+1
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 04:20 AM   #9
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonely_dxb83 View Post
hey everyone,,

Waiting,,,,,,,,,,
Just out of curiosity, what's your ambient temperature and humidity level when you push the car hard (or at least you are trying to)?

Maybe it's overheating the engine/turbos?

You seem to live in a somewhat warmer climate than we do
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 02:30 AM   #10
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

Just a hunch, idrive has a speed limit preset. check whether it's turned on.
i've never set it so i don't know whether its an audio alarm or combined w/ engine control.
what's the engine temperature when this happens? if it's overheating turbos it could happen @lower speeds too right?
BMW offer any reason/cause for this & solution yet?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 11:34 AM   #11
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by archwerks View Post
Just a hunch, idrive has a speed limit preset. check whether it's turned on.
i've never set it so i don't know whether its an audio alarm or combined w/ engine control.
what's the engine temperature when this happens? if it's overheating turbos it could happen @lower speeds too right?
BMW offer any reason/cause for this & solution yet?
The iDrive speed limit function only gives you an audible warning tone when you go over the set speed limit and it will also show you a message in the iDrive display and in the instrument cluster that you are now 'speeding'.

It does NOT influence the engine in any way.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0