XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

11-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #1
westsidee90
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

Couple of pics of my x6 4.0d WIP

so picked up my x6 4.0d about 3 weeks ago and got down to some mods

had the wheels sprayed sap black paint code 475
12mm spacers rear
5mm spacer up front
fitted the bbk up front 405mm floating discs 10 pot calipers
fitted the bbk rear 380mm floating discs 8 pot calipers
Had the brakes painted porker single green (same as the GT but I had pearl added to the lacquar so in the sun they look yum)
ordered some m6 RPI scoops (modded them to fit and also had then sprayed)
Gloss black front grill
LED reg plate lights and also replaced all of the interior lights
replaced the BMW badges with Black BMW badges
lowered on H and R springs (i'll post up pics of how i did that)

Mods on order

x6m front bumper
performance side skirts/rear diffuser
Vorstioner carbon front lip
going to get the bonnet painted/wings and colour code all the plastic trim

enjoy:-)

next up was the body work so I ordered the following

VRS front carbon lip
BMW X6M front bumper
BMW performance side skirts
BMW performance rear diffuser.

The plan is to colour code the lot so sanding down the textured items was a pain in the arse!

So £1500 lighter I am now the proud owner of this VRS for the x6m front bumper! pure sex

next up it was time to piant the kit, first off all the bits that should be painted (already primeded) were hit with the gun. The x6m front bumper doesnt come with the holes for the side view camera BMW supply the fitting kit so the holes have to be cut (lucky they are outlined behind the bumper)

first coat of sap black going on

Few more coats don't be shy lamp it on phil

front bumper painted (the VRS is just placed on top it wellbe fitted once the bumper has been de nibbed and mopped)

few other bits

the side skirts come in 2 pieces so the long piece you see is the part that is normally colour coded
The grills for the bumper (and under the bonnet) were also colour coded)

The textured parts were then sanded down by me ready for phil to high build primer. Theses parts are not normally colour coded but I think there look much better once they are done. the wheel sarches well be stripped tomorrow for the same treatment. The wings and bonne well also be taken off tomorrow ready for paint. The car well comeout spotless :-)

While this was being done i started to strip down the X6 as I wanted the front end blown over (few stone chips pissing me off)

The rear end, this is actually quite easy lots of 8mm bolts and clips. In order to remove the out bits of the rear diffuser your have to remove the rear wheel arch trim as there is one plastic rivit there. Also the rivits are one use only so have a new set ready cheap as chips from BMW. To remove the wheel arch trim your need a trim tool, once the rivits are out you cant reuse them. Remember to remove the PDC etc from the rear trims

For the front bumper remove the 8mm bolts on the bottom and there are 2 on the inner arch. Once theses are undone pull on the bumper and it can be removed. remember to disconnect the fog lamps, side view camera PDC loom etc etc. Please note remove the front reflector on the side of the bumer there is an 8mm bolts behind it

Side skirts. One torx 25 screw (plastic) at the bottom of the front side skirts. The resr are plastic pusher just pull on the bottom of the side skirt there pop out. once theses are out open the doors and pull the side skirts off (there are held in with white plastic clips. Again have spare ones from BMW.

to remove the wing this is more involved. First remove the inner shit guards (about 20 8mm and 10mm bolts!). Once removed I jet washed mine lol

The headlight is bolted to wing. There are sone other bolts (remove the windscreen side trim there is a philps bolt there). The other bolts are on the top of the wing, open the drivers door to access the inner bolts. The other one is on the side of the headlight you rneed a right angle screew driver or similar tool as its a bitch of a torx to get to. YOur also need a bucket to drain the washer flud. The drivers side wing is more difficult then the passanger side due to the washer bottle.

There you have it one wing

I didnt have time to remove the bonnet, My bodyshop well do that on Monday as I have stripped the most time consuming stuff off. Its such great fun stripping your car lol.

Here are a few pics of my X5 4.8 Sport that I sold. I took the wheels and BBK off this. I'll stick the 22" on the x6 but shall I get the spokes painted black?

More updates to come for the x6 as lots more to do ICE and Engine bay next! I do have the white xenon angel kit to fit Ijust havent got arround to do it. The exhaust is also going to be a custom jobbie
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Dude - nice work!

I'm normally not a fan of all black, but in this case I think it looks killer. If you're going to put those 22" rims from your X5 on the X6, I'd definitely say paint/powdercoat them black.

Great write up. Definitely will keep an eye out on this thread and look forward to the final project completed!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #3
rios0311
Private First Class
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW X6 ActiveHybrid

Love it!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #4
caffeinemetal
Rep
Drives: X6

dayum!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 02:46 PM   #5
westsidee90
Second Lieutenant
Rep

yes i think i'll split the rims and paint the spokes black, i'll leave the dish polished

Ice wise in the x5 i had

focal slimline components 5.25 up front
focal slime components 4" in the rear
earthquake subs (8") under the seats
13" w6 JL sub in the boot
Audision bit 10
JL HD 600/1 to power the sub
JL HD 600/6 to power the rest.

The x6 has an additional set of speakers in the rear quarters there also 4" so I am going to buy another set of focals and put them in the rear. This will be powered by the 6 channel JL amp that I have and i'll buy another 2 channel JL amp to power the subs under the seats. The x6 also has a fiber optic input into the amp so the audsionbit 10 wqont work I have to buy another piece of kit to do that. I wont do the ice until March of this year.

Once I put the x6 back together next week i'll wack some more pics up :-)

Anyone else here from the UK?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 11:22 PM   #6
Mike van D
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: SG X6 35i; MW e92 M3

Nice job...looking forward to seeing her finished.
      11-28-2012, 04:13 AM   #7
makdeniss
Lord Vader
Estonia
Rep
Drives: BMW 730Ld

Great post dude, love your car. Did you buy some additional parts for the front X6M bumper besides the mesh? Can you list them? I'm thinking about changing the bumper also.
      11-29-2012, 09:38 AM   #8
westsidee90
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by makdeniss View Post
Great post dude, love your car. Did you buy some additional parts for the front X6M bumper besides the mesh? Can you list them? I'm thinking about changing the bumper also.
hi dude you need the x6m front bumper
the mesh which goes in the bumper (3 pieces)
the mesh which goes under the bonnet (one piece)
The brake ducts

Apperently you also require the rad cowling to be changed I havent ordered this part yet as I dont think you need to change it, i'll find out when I put my car back together next week. If it is require I'll update the site.

Also you need to trim the front plastic wheel arch extensions as the x6m front bumper is longer from the side, this is why I choose to colour code everything to make it more uniform.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #9
westsidee90
Second Lieutenant
Rep

got the rest of today, bonnet and wings were painted before we went home for the day :-). Fitting up will start Monday :-)

Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 02:20 PM   #10
makdeniss
Lord Vader
Estonia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsidee90 View Post
hi dude you need the x6m front bumper
the mesh which goes in the bumper (3 pieces)
the mesh which goes under the bonnet (one piece)
The brake ducts

Apperently you also require the rad cowling to be changed I havent ordered this part yet as I dont think you need to change it, i'll find out when I put my car back together next week. If it is require I'll update the site.

Also you need to trim the front plastic wheel arch extensions as the x6m front bumper is longer from the side, this is why I choose to colour code everything to make it more uniform.
Thanks man. Really appreciate your reply. Could you please maybe indicate the part numbers besides the bumper and two meshes that go into it? Greatly appreciated.
      11-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #11
westsidee90
Second Lieutenant
Rep

[QUOTE=makdeniss;13079621]Thanks man. Really appreciate your reply. Could you please maybe indicate the part numbers besides the bumper and two meshes that go into it? Greatly appreciated. [/QUOTE

B51.74.7.205.943 BRAKE DUCT
B51.74.7.205.944 BRAKE DUCT

B51.11.7.205.559 GRILL
B51.11.7.205.560 GRILL

B51.11.7.205.577 GRILL
B51.11.7.205.578 GRILL
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #12
westsidee90
Second Lieutenant
Rep

also remember the tow eye covers for the front bumper there not included!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 09:15 AM   #13
makdeniss
Lord Vader
Estonia
Rep

[QUOTE=westsidee90;13079913]
Quote:
Originally Posted by makdeniss View Post
Thanks man. Really appreciate your reply. Could you please maybe indicate the part numbers besides the bumper and two meshes that go into it? Greatly appreciated. [/QUOTE

B51.74.7.205.943 BRAKE DUCT
B51.74.7.205.944 BRAKE DUCT

B51.11.7.205.559 GRILL
B51.11.7.205.560 GRILL

B51.11.7.205.577 GRILL
B51.11.7.205.578 GRILL
Thanks a lot!!! Greatly appreciated!
      12-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #14
GreenjellybeanX6
Rep
Drives: X6

Awesome car! Love the black and green. Any concerns about putting 22" rims on? I was mistakenly sent 22s and I currently have 20s. Thinking of putting on the 22s and getting new tires for the rims. Not sure what to do...
Appreciate 0