XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

10-08-2013, 05:11 PM   #1
rbudiman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 Nissan GTR Black Edition,

Guys,

Recently i just got my car's ECU tuned by the AA software. Now i am wondering where do you guys bring ur tuned car for regular scheduled maintenance?

Do bmw dealership really update / reset our ECU when we bring out car for oil change? Meaning we will lose the tunned ECU data.

I still have not used most of the free maintenance that comes with the car
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 05:24 PM   #2
///SAL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 ///M5 ZCP

Depends what you go for, before u give them the key ask them if they will do anything to the computer. A problem like this, a boost gauge will come in handy thats next on my list.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #3
rbudiman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 Nissan GTR Black Edition,

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FASTX5
Depends what you go for, before u give them the key ask them if they will do anything to the computer. A problem like this, a boost gauge will come in handy thats next on my list.
Im afraid once we say that, they will void our warranty without having any reason. Is it possible? I know it sounds a bit silly but just a precautions before i say it to them.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #4
///SAL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 ///M5 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbudiman
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FASTX5
Im afraid once we say that, they will void our warranty without having any reason. Is it possible? I know it sounds a bit silly but just a precautions before i say it to them.
Lol thats why i spent alil more going with dinan i know their not that great when it comes to prices but times like this im happy to bad u dont have a tune u could disconnect before going like a bms tune.

It sucks if i was u ill take the car in when it needs service thats more important if it gets wiped out call back ur tune and tell em ur story. Most likely they might reflash it for u, call ur tune company and ask them, if they cant reflash it i guess u go with another tune
Appreciate 0