XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

05-11-2010, 04:06 AM   #1
BEAMERBOI
Photographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: x1 35i M version 2013

What would you do?

Ok I have had my new $72000 BMW x6 for less than a week now and yes I'm in love but yes BUT, I'm finding flaws in the paint and mirrors yes they are replacing the mirror as it distorts the view (right side mirror ) the paint on the right side door has a bump like where the pant ran down the side (little hard drop) I ordered bamboo not woodgrain got woodgrain I'm ok with but it's not what I ordered . Im found that the drivers seat looks bad as the leather it real wrinkly like a deflated balloon not full ,looks like a leather flaw, Yes these are all small things but this is a BMW right? What would you do?:confused

Last edited by BEAMERBOI; 05-11-2010 at 04:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 05:37 AM   #2
andyf1
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 35D

I get them to put it right, if its not what you ordered and its flawed
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 08:25 AM   #3
Michanga
Registered
Rep
Drives: X6 40D

...mine costs around 89000eur and if its not picture perfect when it gets here I wont take it.....rather loose the deposit than to pay that much for a flawed car (even if the flaws are small and barely noticable)....guess I have to hope for the best.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 08:38 AM   #4
scottjays
Starfleet Command
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

take a pic of the wood grain please. seems very strange if you ordered bamboo but got woodgrain. the bmw ordering system in the factory is completely automated. something seems off
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 10:24 AM   #5
BEAMERBOI
Photographer
United_States
Rep

Pic of wood

Im looking at my vehicle inquiry report and it does not have woodgrain or bamboo listed just color and upholstery

also look at the drivers side of the seat is that supposed to look that wrinkly?
Attached Images

05-11-2010, 10:29 AM   #6
scottjays
Starfleet Command
Rep

Well I like the color combo with the woodgrain. bamboo would look good as well. as far as the wrinkles. those are the muticontour seats? i have the Multicontour and some parts do look wrinkled, not as much as yours. but i opted for the nappa leather with dash. yes I would complain and let them make it right. have them show you the original order. mine shows bamboo, etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 10:34 AM   #7
BEAMERBOI
Photographer
United_States
Rep

The Sticker has wood but the report the sales rep faxed to me has nothing. I didn't notice it the day I picked it up as I was too freaking happy. you know the feeling.... now as Im going over it with a fine tooth comb Im finding flaws that a BMW should not have.
      05-11-2010, 10:39 AM   #8
BEAMERBOI
Photographer
United_States
Rep

cd changer

Where is it? not that I use cd's but I thought the prem sound comes with a 6 cd changer?
      05-11-2010, 12:17 PM   #9
Kassfy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6 .35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAMERBOI View Post
Where is it? not that I use cd's but I thought the prem sound comes with a 6 cd changer?
its in the glove department ....and you know i got my mine as well..and i noticed the smaller windows in the rear..well the rubbery part around it seems really scratched...i dont know if its just me or if thats how its suppose to be but doesnt look all that nice at all...anyone else with this problem?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 12:43 PM   #10
scottjays
Starfleet Command
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAMERBOI View Post
2011 did not come with 6cd changer with premium sound package. dealer informed me when i ordered. changer now is part of rear entertainment. i did however confirm the single cd on dash does infact play DVD (parked). kinda fun. I listen to Sat radio 80% and ipod 20% so cd changer is overkill. infact I haven't even ripped to the music hard drive since the ipod i have connected has all my music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassfy View Post
its in the glove department ....and you know i got my mine as well..and i noticed the smaller windows in the rear..well the rubbery part around it seems really scratched...i dont know if its just me or if thats how its suppose to be but doesnt look all that nice at all...anyone else with this problem?
I am taking my 2011 to dealer to paint qtr sized scratch to the metal!! this was pointed out to me when i picked up vehicle during my perf pickup in SC. there are some other little quality stuff around vehicle but you can sorta go crazy looking for stuff. just make them repair big stuff. take some armor all wipes to the trim stuff.
Appreciate 0