XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

04-27-2010, 05:19 PM   #1
scottyv
Modding Master
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 5.0

X6 Ultimate audio system preview

Here a very small teaser on my latest project:

Audio system:

3 Amps: 2 JL 900/5 , 1 JL 600/4

Speakers :

Subs: 4 Focal 11" 27V1's in custom ported rear enlosure only 3.2 cu ft
running 1000 watts to them, these are very efficient and very musical
speakers unlike JL subs

Mids: 1 Set of Hertz Miile 6.5's, One set of JL ZR 6.5's in custom fiberglassed door enclosues.

Tweeters: 2 Sets of Hertz Mille soft domes

plus using all factory 4" speakers except center.

Audison Bit One processor: Simply amazing, 8 channels of controled active croseed channels with 31 band EQ per channel, Usb PC controlled.

Basically every speaker gets only what it needs and is crossed and EQ'd for what it needs.

The front stage will be 2 tweets, one 4" & 2 6.5 per side plus the understeat 8's all with a ton of power on them

Still waiting on DA1000 MOST digital fiber connection piece to go fiber direct from factory head unit.

Fellas this will rock and wait till you see the doors and the install when done.

Estimated $10k -$11k finshed & installed.
2010 Alpine White X6 5.0 with Oyster Leather / Dark Wood Trim -- Sport Package with 20" Style 259 Wheels, Premium Pkg, Premium Sound, 7RR Performance Pkg, Active Steering, Running Boards, Rear View Cam & Top view, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Climate Pkg, Comfort Access, Space Saver Spare, Sat Radio, Smartphone Integration
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 05:28 PM   #2
scottyv
Modding Master
United_States
Rep

door panels in process with dual 6.5 sealed chambers

Don't be afraid!

These will be covered in original OEM leather to match perfectly and have custom CNC'd aluminum grilles.

$1300 per side to replace with OEM panels to go back to orginal when my lease is up, oh well it's all about the now...... anyone with a oyster X6 call me in 2 1/2 years we can make a swap!
Attached Images

2010 Alpine White X6 5.0 with Oyster Leather / Dark Wood Trim -- Sport Package with 20" Style 259 Wheels, Premium Pkg, Premium Sound, 7RR Performance Pkg, Active Steering, Running Boards, Rear View Cam & Top view, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Climate Pkg, Comfort Access, Space Saver Spare, Sat Radio, Smartphone Integration
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 06:00 PM   #3
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Well I won't say obsessive compulsive.

But you do know what you are doing is not very usable in an X6 much less most cars.

You see, when you over drive sound, the car reverberates to hell thereby actually deteriorating sound quality.

It might work better in say, a school bus.
      04-27-2010, 06:47 PM   #4
audioquest
2nd to None!
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M8 GC, M5 30Jahre, X6 50i

Garage List
Its good to see another great audio install in an X6. All the way!!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 07:48 PM   #5
scottyv
Modding Master
United_States
Rep

chucky

It will be plenty usable every day, like all my systems are. Realize this is not an SPL system, it is an SQ system that will play powerfully but not overly so.

This is not about ghetto bass and SPL, it is about full on full range top to bottom sound. That's why there are many drivers and plenty of power going to the tweeters, mids and mid bass too. Any idiot can get bass and bump, that's not sound. Sound means full range top to bottom, high to low.

Properly set up systems can be fully cranked up, but so clean you can hear a pin drop at these levels, truly enveloping but never harsh.

Some of us true audiophiles appreciate our music cranked up and super clean, unless you ever experienced it the right way, it cannot be understood, and the path is never cheap or easy.

BTW, BMW's make excellent sound machiness, they are very well insulated, so If you have rattles then you did not finish your install correctly with sound deadening and a little extra effort. It's all part of the total system.

I already know my end game here.
Appreciate 0