XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

05-02-2008, 04:19 PM   #1
Herms
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i

Checked out the X6 Today

Car looks much better in person I must say. In fact, it looks really good imo; however, it's far less spacious than I thought.

The sloping roofline really really cuts down on utilitiy. I know the cargo space is close the x5, but it really doesn't look it. Headroom in the rear is tight. I'm 6ft and my head was touching the roof whilst sitting in the back seat. Leg room was okay, but not great, though I didn't bother to adjust the front seat, so perhaps moving the seat up and slouching a bit would help, though if I bought a big ass car I wouldn't want anyone to have to do that. cargo room is okay but I don't think my dog, for example, could even be comfortable in the cargo area because of the slope.

i was really interested in the x6 since I now have a 335 and an suv and was hoping that the car could really be enough of a compromise that I could consider just moving to one car for all my needs, but I just don't see it with this thing. regardless of how it drives, it seems like a wagon 5 series with the turbo 6 would be a better mix of power and utility.

Last edited by Herms; 05-02-2008 at 06:57 PM..
Appreciate 0