XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

12-17-2008, 11:34 AM   #67
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

iDrive speed

Thanx xdrive 50 i.
I didn't time it but once i've taken kids audio bk cd out of the drive, but dvd nav. disc still in, the system use acceptance comes on sooner, once i push to accept the rearview cam comes on.
Wish there is an page on the settings menu to tell idrive to set which accessory system has 1st prioirity, 2nd priority, etc.
Or simply an off switch on the nav system, because we don't always need it when we're travelling on familiar roads.
BMW should make the idrive system upgradable as part of maintenace service.

Last edited by archwerks; 12-17-2008 at 11:40 AM.. Reason: forgot to quote
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 12:43 PM   #68
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Today i have noticed odd steering wheel noise at low speed when turning left or right...is that normal?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 01:01 PM   #69
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep

Odd noise from steering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post
Today i have noticed odd steering wheel noise at low speed when turning left or right...is that normal?
There are lots of switches & the sirbag in the steering wheel & column, should have it checked out. if it's "odd" it's unusual.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 01:09 PM   #70
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Eeer NO.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 01:24 PM   #71
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

thank you guys,do you have active steering too?.i mean, it bearly noticeable...only when i turn music off,but "sound" is there ... and i feel same time small,but really small resistance at steering wheel...i dont know what to think..
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 02:24 PM   #72
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep

steering noise

Quote:
thank you guys,do you have active steering too?.i mean, it bearly noticeable...only when i turn music off,but "sound" is there ... and i feel same time small,but really small resistance at steering wheel...i dont know what to think..
Yes I've AS., but I'd think all the AS mechanism would be in the engine compart't. Ask your service rep to show u blow up of interior of the steering wheel column on his parts list, on his computer. may be there is an offending component among the parts within that would generate that noise.
My motto: Everything designed & made by man has faults within it, just a matter of time, & who gets to discover it.
Or simply : you can do no wrong & still sh*t happens.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 03:59 PM   #73
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by archwerks View Post
Yes I've AS., but I'd think all the AS mechanism would be in the engine compart't. Ask your service rep to show u blow up of interior of the steering wheel column on his parts list, on his computer. may be there is an offending component among the parts within that would generate that noise.
My motto: Everything designed & made by man has faults within it, just a matter of time, & who gets to discover it.
Or simply : you can do no wrong & still sh*t happens.
thanks,i will go to see my dealer tommorow...so you didnt notice any noise? please do following...

turn music off,and drive your car not more than 5 mph..easilly turm wheel right 45 degrees and to left. 90 degrees..is there any sound at all?...

anyone?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 08:05 PM   #74
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
thanks,i will go to see my dealer tommorow...so you didnt notice any noise? please do following...

turn music off,and drive your car not more than 5 mph..easilly turm wheel right 45 degrees and to left. 90 degrees..is there any sound at all?...

anyone?
You forgot the following in your instructions:

WARNING: Do NOT perform this test in narrow alleyways!

2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 09:33 PM   #75
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Deda,
I have AS and no noise or issues , turns very easy. I would go see dealer.
      12-17-2008, 10:04 PM   #76
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep

On 2nd battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammydtd View Post
I've had the power problem issue on my 50i, which was one of the first batch (considering I picked it up a few months ago in the Middle East)

I'm still waiting to hear anything regarding the official recall from the board or the dealer, but I got it fixed in a different way.

The dealer found the rear climate control unit to be hoggin up electricity even when the car was off, so he replaced a part back there.

Have u driven your x6 5.0i much since the new battery installation? Has the issue been fixed by the new battery?

I've yet to not drive the car for more than a day and see if the clock resets, so I'll keep you guys posted.

Cheers,

Have u driven your x6 5.0i much since your new battery installation? Problem fixed?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2008, 05:17 AM   #77
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

so i went to my dealer and problem is fixed...some rubber part needed a little grease!

now i am happy,again!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 01:26 AM   #78
Kanu
Registered
Rep
Drives: X6

Poor build quality

Several issues have occured indicating sloppy build quality control. To date the car has spent as much time at dealer in for repair as on the road.
1. Scape on dash trim panel noted on delivery (looks like it was banged by something during install - how'd this get past QC?), requested replacement 3 times - no action to date.
2. At 1 week old while driving, service engine fault -significanlty reduced power. Dealer found loose hose and clamp in intake system - simple fix but at dealer for 2 days to diagnose and repair.
3. At 2 weeks while driving engine died - wouldn't restart - towed to dealer. After 10 days of dealer trial and error diagnostic guided by BMW tech support and waiting on sequential replacement parts to arrive - needed new computer shipped from Germany. Service tech found loose main ground which likely shorted computer.
As result we have zero confidence in reliability of car - what else is lurking - not sure we'll keep it.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 02:57 AM   #79
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

sorry to hear man!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 03:47 AM   #80
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep

poor QC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanu View Post
Several issues have occured indicating sloppy build quality control. To date the car has spent as much time at dealer in for repair as on the road.
1. Scape on dash trim panel noted on delivery (looks like it was banged by something during install - how'd this get past QC?), requested replacement 3 times - no action to date.
2. At 1 week old while driving, service engine fault -significanlty reduced power. Dealer found loose hose and clamp in intake system - simple fix but at dealer for 2 days to diagnose and repair.
3. At 2 weeks while driving engine died - wouldn't restart - towed to dealer. After 10 days of dealer trial and error diagnostic guided by BMW tech support and waiting on sequential replacement parts to arrive - needed new computer shipped from Germany. Service tech found loose main ground which likely shorted computer.
As result we have zero confidence in reliability of car - what else is lurking - not sure we'll keep it.
Car was built/ assembled on friday or monday.
BMW better wiseup or they'll lose market share to the Japanese !
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 11:47 AM   #81
rdk
Rep
Drives: 09 X6 50i VR Blk Nappa

Quote:
so i went to my dealer and problem is fixed...some rubber part needed a little grease!

now i am happy,again!
I am having the exact same symptons and do not have A/S. Do you know what part needed grease? I will be taking my car in and want to make sure they know what will correct the problem.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 04:00 PM   #82
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

yes..i was there...they or you need to move plastic cover under steering wheel...than while rotating steering wheel you will easilly find source of annoying sound..i ill post pics tommorow.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 07:04 PM   #83
rdk
Rep
Drives: 09 X6 50i VR Blk Nappa

Thanks! That would be a great help.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 08:35 PM   #84
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

I have started a X6 Problems and Solution thread, would be good to post there.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 01:32 AM   #85
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

thats also good idea..we just need to refresh that thread.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 04:48 AM   #86
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: 35 D

Deda, I have a similar issue on my Mazda. . squeaking when rotating steering wheel at low speed. The steering wheel column needs greasing more often than I thought. But, huh, Mazda costs three times less than the X6.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 02:57 PM   #87
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akraptor View Post
Deda, I have a similar issue on my Mazda. . squeaking when rotating steering wheel at low speed. The steering wheel column needs greasing more often than I thought. But, huh, Mazda costs three times less than the X6.
very true,its hard to belive that kind of thigs happening in such premium class.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 02:59 PM   #88
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdk View Post
Thanks! That would be a great help.
sorry man,didnt make it today..i was to busy..hopefully tommorow.
Appreciate 0