XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > X5 Members Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys

04-14-2014, 09:17 AM   #1
upstate650
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650xi Gran Coupe Msport

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
what happened to the guy selling the eisenmann exhaust?

He posted one for sale yesterday, I PM'd him, and he responded. Truied to respond this morning, and it says he is banned ad thread is deleted?

What happened?
2014 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe Msport Black Sapphire Metallic on full black merino leather. 20" M5 343M wheels for summer, 20" 373 wheels for winter with Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 studded snow tires. M6 CP exhaust with M6 Diffuser and ///M Performance carbon fiber finisher. Mission Performance stage 1.5 and transmission tune.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2014, 09:32 AM   #2
JVX6M
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstateX5M
He posted one for sale yesterday, I PM'd him, and he responded. Truied to respond this morning, and it says he is banned ad thread is deleted?

What happened?
He was a scam. The pics he posted were of ChiTownM's Eisenmann when he sold it here and on eBay! UNREAL
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2014, 09:39 AM   #3
upstate650
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650xi Gran Coupe Msport

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
No shit! Good thing someone caught it before they got burned!
2014 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe Msport Black Sapphire Metallic on full black merino leather. 20" M5 343M wheels for summer, 20" 373 wheels for winter with Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 studded snow tires. M6 CP exhaust with M6 Diffuser and ///M Performance carbon fiber finisher. Mission Performance stage 1.5 and transmission tune.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2014, 09:52 AM   #4
JVX6M
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 Comp

Yeah there are some pretty good people on the forum here that definitely helped out with that one!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2014, 12:19 PM   #5
denaliman
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X6M Competition

Garage List
2013 X6M  [0.00]
Ya that deal screamed fraud as soon as I saw it and after a couple exchanges of emails it didn't add up. First he said it was an Akrapovic then an Eisenmann...ding ding. I did some sleuthing and found the same pics on ebay from a couple years back and posted them with a warning. Reported the post and the Moderators did the rest...Busted! I hope no one got taken. He's got an exhaust for sale on M3 e46 Fanatics as well posted under antonmag1. Boy was he pissed when I called him out as a scammer! Here I was ready to send him a post dated bank draft from my Nigerian account LOL! Most people on here are honest and trusting, but due diligence pays off. If someone won't let you put your own eyes on the item, wants a bank wire transfer, willing to ship anywhere included and seems to good to be true...RUN.

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2014, 12:38 PM   #6
bigred1100s
Private
Rep
Drives: x6m

denaliman saved my ass this morning. truth is had the guy asked me to do paypal last night i probably would have. But a red flag came up when I asked him to list the item on ebay and he said his account would not permit any sale under 2k. Thank God for forums. I mean to think i was even trying to prove my legitimacy to him. Jeezuz
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2014, 12:41 PM   #7
bigred1100s
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by denaliman View Post
Ya that deal screamed fraud as soon as I saw it and after a couple exchanges of emails it didn't add up. First he said it was an Akrapovic then an Eisenmann...ding ding. I did some sleuthing and found the same pics on ebay from a couple years back and posted them with a warning. Reported the post and the Moderators did the rest...Busted! I hope no one got taken. He's got an exhaust for sale on M3 e46 Fanatics as well posted under antonmag1. Boy was he pissed when I called him out as a scammer! Here I was ready to send him a post dated bank draft from my Nigerian account LOL! Most people on here are honest and trusting, but due diligence pays off. If someone won't let you put your own eyes on the item, wants a bank wire transfer, willing to ship anywhere included and seems to good to be true...RUN.
wow
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2014, 02:12 PM   #8
reihani
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5M

There are definitely good and bad people here. I paypal-ed a guy in NJ for $3000 for an eisenmann exhaust. He answered all my questions, provided pictures, his place of work, his full name, phone number, address. He had nothing to hide. And then there are guys like this. Good on you guys for catching him.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2014, 05:35 PM   #9
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Remember chaps, these scammers sit inside a hot and stinky computer café somewhere in Nigeria and have NOTHING but time on their hands. For them, to scam you out of $3K is like hitting the lottery here. And if it takes 6 months to build up some credibility on a forum, then so be it.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2014, 11:12 PM   #10
Sylvan Lake V35
Vanilla Gorrilla
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5M & X5 35d

Even if you did paypal him the money, as soon as you tell paypal you didn't get the correct item in the specified time if he can't prove he sent you the items they refund your money. The seller is very well protected with paypal. I have done hundreds of online transactions on various automotive forums with only minor issues but this forum I seem to have the most grief or 1/2 assed deals out of the 100s I can think of about 5-6 deals that were not satisfying and 3 are from the short time I have been on this forum. I have had several deals that went well but a few that people weren't forthcoming with issues. One was a set of rockers that had no support with them, one was a set of wheels the guy said were off an X5 and I even asked for the hub bore measurement which he outright lied about and and disappeared when I wanted to split the cost of boring them. The other didn't include the nuts required for the self levelling suspension rods when I asked about them he went off the deep end and started threatening me and was angry that I dared ask him for all of the parts I paid for and told me to go to the store and buy the nuts myself

Other forums require you post pictures of the item and include a hand written sign in the pictures with your screen name and date. Not to mention people use the trader rating system. I am not sure why this forum is so behind the times. It reminds me of automotive forums from 10 years ago.
      04-15-2014, 12:14 PM   #11
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35 View Post
Even if you did paypal him the money, as soon as you tell paypal you didn't get the correct item in the specified time if he can't prove he sent you the items they refund your money.
Just to add a bite more info here.

PayPal will protect you if you don't receive an item, but they will not help if you receive the incorrect item or something not as described (IE he sends you a Camry muffler instead of the Eisenmann muffler).

However, as long as you pay via PayPal with a credit card, your credit card company will protect you from pretty much every type of fraud imaginable...including items received but not as described.
      04-15-2014, 01:29 PM   #12
Boosteeddc
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 x6m

I may be selling my eisenmann race soon if I can get the things sorted out on a new car and return my car back to stock. Keep me in mind and check back soon?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2014, 04:26 PM   #13
bigred1100s
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosteeddc View Post
I may be selling my eisenmann race soon if I can get the things sorted out on a new car and return my car back to stock. Keep me in mind and check back soon?
I have catless down pipes, will the race version be too loud?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2014, 04:28 PM   #14
bigred1100s
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Remember chaps, these scammers sit inside a hot and stinky computer café somewhere in Nigeria and have NOTHING but time on their hands. For them, to scam you out of $3K is like hitting the lottery here. And if it takes 6 months to build up some credibility on a forum, then so be it.
Very good point. i think i'll just order new then
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2014, 04:31 PM   #15
Boosteeddc
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 x6m

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred1100s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosteeddc View Post
I also have active catless downpipes. It sounds like a dream. But the cold start make me scared to continue living in my neighborhood
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2014, 10:53 PM   #16
Sylvan Lake V35
Vanilla Gorrilla
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzbm3 View Post
Just to add a bite more info here.

PayPal will protect you if you don't receive an item, but they will not help if you receive the incorrect item or something not as described (IE he sends you a Camry muffler instead of the Eisenmann muffler).

However, as long as you pay via PayPal with a credit card, your credit card company will protect you from pretty much every type of fraud imaginable...including items received but not as described.
You are incorrect, in your note to them when you pay you detail exactly what you are buying. If you do not get that paypal WILL 100% refund your money. The misinformation in this thread blows my mind. The one thing you did have correct is the fact you should always pay your paypal with a credit card it is another line of protection. Paypal heavily favours buyers in all cases.

Be sure you specify a Eisenmann exhaust for a 2010 BMW X5M and they send a Camry muffler you are protected....

PayPal Purchase Protection

We're here to help you shop with confidence wherever you are online - either at eBay or any other site that accepts PayPal. That's why we created PayPal Purchase Protection. See eligibility.
You're Protected if:
1. Your order never arrives
All you have to do is log in to your account and open a dispute to get the refund process started. And if you made the purchase on eBay, start here instead.

2. Your order arrives, but it's significantly different than it was described
There are a variety of scenarios that meet this condition, for instance:

You received a completely different item.
Example: You purchased a book, but received a DVD.
The item's condition was misrepresented.
Example: The listing said new but the item had clearly been used.
The item is missing parts or features, and this was not disclosed.
Example: The listing said batteries included - but they weren't.
You purchased a specific quantity of an item - but received the wrong amount.
Example: You purchased five pairs of fuzzy dice, but only received four.
The item was damaged en route to its destination.
Example: You bought a beautiful antique lamp - and it arrived in pieces.
You received a counterfeit version of the item.
Example: You purchased a Rolex but received a Faux-Lex.
The process here is the same as above - log in to your account and open a dispute to get the ball rolling.

3. You were charged for something you didn't purchase, and you report it immediately
This may mean someone has used your PayPal account without authorization. As long as you report it within 60 days, PayPal will launch an investigation and you will be covered by our $0 Liability for Eligible Unauthorized Transactions program.

We hope you understand that in the event of an unauthorized transaction, we may have to temporarily freeze your account until we know exactly what happened.

Learn all about fraud and how to protect yourself with our Phishing Guide and our Identity Protection Guide.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mp...nline-shopping
      04-16-2014, 11:02 PM   #17
Sylvan Lake V35
Vanilla Gorrilla
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred1100s View Post
It will be very loud, I also have the race with catless pipes. The cold start sets off car alarms in my underground parkade at work. I don't find it bad at cruising speed on the hi way but any throttle input you make you will hear it, my wife won't talk to me on blue tooth when I am driving in the city she said it's very annoying it does sound good though and I personally don't mind it but if you are worried about loud it's likely not for you.
      04-16-2014, 11:25 PM   #18
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

Quote:
You are incorrect, in your note to them when you pay you detail exactly what you are buying. If you do not get that paypal WILL 100% refund your money. The misinformation in this thread blows my mind. The one thing you did have correct is the fact you should always pay your paypal with a credit card it is another line of protection. Paypal heavily favours buyers in all cases.
Well that policy is a little misleading, as it will only apply if PayPal is able to recover funds from the seller (IE the funds are still in their PayPal account, or a linked bank account).

If you're dealing with a true fraudster, he's likely well aware of those rules and will get the funds out as quick as possible.

Trust me, I've been in that situation before and ended up having to go back to my credit card company to file a chargeback. Now I make sure EVERY PayPal purchase goes on my credit card...just in case.
      04-16-2014, 11:40 PM   #19
bigred1100s
Private
Rep

Quote:
It will be very loud, I also have the race with catless pipes. The cold start sets off car alarms in my underground parkade at work. I don't find it bad at cruising speed on the hi way but any throttle input you make you will hear it, my wife won't talk to me on blue tooth when I am driving in the city she said it's very annoying it does sound good though and I personally don't mind it but if you are worried about loud it's likely not for you.
Well its too late now. I guess i'll find out. But let me ask, on bluetooth are your windows down?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 09:36 PM   #20
Sylvan Lake V35
Vanilla Gorrilla
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzbm3 View Post
Well that policy is a little misleading, as it will only apply if PayPal is able to recover funds from the seller (IE the funds are still in their PayPal account, or a linked bank account).

If you're dealing with a true fraudster, he's likely well aware of those rules and will get the funds out as quick as possible.

Trust me, I've been in that situation before and ended up having to go back to my credit card company to file a chargeback. Now I make sure EVERY PayPal purchase goes on my credit card...just in case.
You are incorrect they will take the money out of the sellers paypal account and return it to you if it's in the account or not, if there is no funds in the paypal account you will have a negative paypal balance and they will send you to a collection agency if you don't pay it.
I had a buyer scam me (claimed he never got the item) and I had a zero balance it then after they returned his money my account showed a negative balance. I was scammed so I refused to pay the money back and they sent me to a collection agency and threatened to report it to the credit bureau. They will NOT take money out of any linked accounts that is illegal.

Last edited by Sylvan Lake V35; 04-17-2014 at 09:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 09:38 PM   #21
Sylvan Lake V35
Vanilla Gorrilla
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred1100s View Post
Well its too late now. I guess i'll find out. But let me ask, on bluetooth are your windows down?
Nope windows closed, it's loud but like I said I like the sound it gives more of a sporty feel and less luxury.

If you want to PM me your phone number I can text you a couple of sound clips I have.
      04-18-2014, 07:27 AM   #22
bigred1100s
Private
Rep

I heard the race yesterday with catles down pipes and i must say i am very glad with my decision to go race. Even with race and no cats the x6M is still not as loud as my c63(which i loved). so race it is for me
Appreciate 0