XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > X5 Members Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys

09-21-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
XMetal
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
E53 X5 Strut Tower Bar/Brace

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
I have an E53 X5 Aluminum Strut Tower Bar/Brace for sale. $100 local pickup or buyer pays shipping. Preferred local pickup in the Orange County, CA area.

More pictures available upon request.

Thanks.

Attached Images

Last edited by XMetal; 10-05-2016 at 10:09 AM.. Reason: Sold
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #2
robbtaylor
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2001 X5 sport

strut brace x5

Hi ... who is manufacturer ? ... thanks in advance.
robb
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #3
robbtaylor
Registered
Rep

and .. your remus exhaust .. .how do you like ? performance ? sound ?

and .. your JL audio in your X.... what is exact component .. am just now getting to that in mine.
thanks
R-
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 10:55 PM   #4
XMetal
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
Sorry, I don't know who manufactured the strut brace...got it almost 7 years ago, but it's the same as this => http://www.strutbrace.co.uk/bmw/x5.htm

The Remus is just a tad bit louder than stock (more lower rumbles), but barely noticeable from the interior onced warmed up. Sounds great on the outside, though. There's no performance gain that I can noticed (even a 5hp gain won't be noticeable on a 5000lb vehicle) - I got it mostly for the sound and tips. I love the huge tips on it the most. I wished they had used the same tips on the Z4M model

The JL audio sub is their 10" ProWedge series, that comes pre-installed in JL's enclosure. I got this about 8 years ago, before they made a stealthbox for the X5. I would definitely get the stealthbox if I were buying today. The sub is driven by an Alpine MRP-M350 mono amplifier tapped into the rear woofer speakers. My car doesn't have DSP, so the setup is a bit easier. IMHO, the stock stereo in the X5 is pretty decent...just lacking a bit of low end punch that the sub will filled.

Last edited by XMetal; 10-08-2013 at 11:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #5
robbtaylor
Registered
Rep

xmetal... thanks for the info .. on strut ... am still doing some research on Dinan and what kind of edge this gives ... my X has H & R, Bilsteins, whiteline front sway and eibach rear sway with 19 x 10's all the way around so this would be pretty much the last step unless I went with Poly bushings .. and that isn't going to happen on this X.

and thank you also for the sound info .. I have DSP and there is a lot of scary advice on the DSP ... even from the sound shops I have spoken to .. so am looking for the proper interface cable setup so that wiring is left intact on the beast .. Dynavin is a prospect. so for now .. stock.

I have wandered between Billy Boat, Dinan, Remus and Eisenmann exhausts .. or having it built from a race shop I have worked with for half the price of any of those .. thinking that is where I will end up.

I will get back to you on the strut brace.. I am just a bit north of you in socal .. ventura .. if I move on it .. I can pick up .

will be in touch shortly
thanks, robb
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #6
XMetal
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
If I had DSP, I wouldn't want to bother with the audio upgrade unless it went kaput and I have to yank out the entire system to replace it. With the Dynavin, you're really only upgrading the head unit...so I'm not sure you will gain any audio improvement since the OE Amp is still in place. Personally, I'm not even sure if the audio quality of the Dynavin is any better than OE.

If you can find a race shop to built you a quality custom exhaust and know how it would sound, that would be the way to go. But the main problems I see with this approach is:
1) The quality of work...it's a hit or miss unless you have assurance it would turned out top notch.
2) The "unknown" sounding of the system.

With one of the pre-fab'ed exhaust such as those you've mentioned, the quality, fitment and sounding of the system are almost guaranteed.

Here's my opinion on exhausts:
1. I think the Eisenmann sounds awesome, if you can afford it.
2. Otherwise, Supersprint is a good alternative if you like things on the loud side.
3. Dinan looked too "home made" to me due to their cheap looking exhaust tips, but they do sound great.
4. Remus would be the most tamed, of all the exhausts that have been mentioned. So, if you want something loud, you can pretty much take Remus off your list.
5. Didn't even know Billy Boat made an exhaust for the e53 X5.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 10:02 AM   #7
OxfordBlack'sX5
Rep
Drives: 2001 BMW X5 4.4i

Strut Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMetal View Post
I have an E53 X5 Aluminum Strut Tower Bar/Brace for sale. $100 local pickup or buyer pays shipping. Preferred local pickup in the Orange County, CA area.

More pictures available upon request.

Thanks.
Hi. Do you still have the Strut bar? If so .. Will you ship to Phoenix?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 11:32 AM   #8
XMetal
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxfordBlack'sX5 View Post
Hi. Do you still have the Strut bar? If so .. Will you ship to Phoenix?
Just sent you a PM.
Appreciate 0