XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

04-02-2018, 05:00 PM   #1
werdn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997.1 GT3 Shark, ex E92 M3 ZCP

Jump Start and Recharge Battery E70 X5 4.8

Hey guys,

Three days ago, I did a full exterior and interior detail, including a paint correction on my X5 (4.8). I wanted the correct prep work before I ceramic coated my car (CQaurtz UK w/ Reload). The whole ceramic coating process took me 3 days, for I wanted to keep the car indoors as long as possible for the curing.

Today, I was ready to take the car out for some photos, however, to my surprise, the car battery was dead. The car would not start up, though the lights and AC still works.

Now, the battery is just a bit over 1 year old, so I do not think that is the main reason for the drain. I think the reason for the drain was because I kept opening and closing the doors, during the detailing. As a result, the interior lights kept turning on, which ultimately drained my battery.

As a result, do you guys know how to jump start the X5 (lost manual)? Also, how long do I need to drive the car for it to recharge the battery. Adding onto that, I am heading to Texas for a business trip in 4 days. Do you think that the car battery will be dead again, after my trip?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 11:35 PM   #2
werdn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997.1 GT3 Shark, ex E92 M3 ZCP

Can someone close this thread, I found the manual online. Also, driving around 20 miles recharged my battery.
Appreciate 0