XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

03-17-2020, 02:04 AM   #1
Senesnis
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 e70 40d

COMBOX CIC / Streming bluetooth

Hello
I need help coding combox in my X5 E70 LCI CIC. I originally had the Mulf2 high module. I bought a combox of telematics, bought plugins and made a cable. I've never coded a BMW. I need help to run it - module replacement was for one reason only - bluetooth sound (if something else goes well, then it goes well).
I have no idea how to do that
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 03:46 PM   #2
Lunker325
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M / 991.2 C4S

I did a combox retrofit to my 2011 E90 M3 and coded it with the Bimmergeeks Protool, everything works great. The BG Protool is nice because all you do is check boxes instead of typing in German codes, very easy to use.

Below is a truncated write up I did on their Facebook page, I’m sure the steps and details are very similar to the E70. May look intimidating, but all your doing is adding the necessary option codes to the VO(vehicle order) within the ECU. Once all the options are added to the VO, you default code each module that handles the new hardware so that they recognize and can run the new combox.

Changed the build date to 3/11( no need to change this if your vehicle build date had the combox as an option. My M3 was built before it was an option so I had to change it.)
Add $6NF, $6NR, $6VC and $644 to the CAS VO.
Removed $639, $6AA, and $6AB (to disable the SOS error) from the CAS VO.
I then default coded the CIC, the combox, and the cluster.
Boom, streaming music!

Hope that helps!
      03-18-2020, 04:03 PM   #3
blue dragon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 Tesla MY + '23 Tesla MY

combox telematics has a different pin out than regular combox. IF you aren't getting a response when coding, check your pin outs