XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

07-15-2011, 10:22 AM   #1
DaveQ7
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 Audi Q7

US warranty in Canada?

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the world of BMWs. I've been an Audi guy for years and currently drive an '07 Q7. Since no new Q7 is due until at least 2013 I've decided I will be purchasing an '11 or '12 X5 50i in the fall. I am curious if the full US warranty carries over into Canada? I know the scheduled maintenance won't but at least if I'm covered everywhere else I'll make the switch to the Bimmer. Audi covers everything which is one main reason I stuck with the brand.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 10:58 AM   #2
skim175
Private
Rep
Drives: X-drive

Last time I checked a warranty is valid in both US and Canada. Technically, maintenance can't be carried over. However, I have received free maintenance from one dealership for a few years. When I moved to other place and tried a new dealership, they simply said no. So, a dealership seemed to have a way to process it but not everyone knows about or it requires some extra paperworks. I can't imagine my previous dealership simply took care of this expense on their own because they once called me to pay for unscheduled oil change which they forgot to charge.
Appreciate 0