F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > CG Precision Exhaust w/ Challenge HFC DP
GetBMWParts

08-23-2014, 11:57 PM   #23
obriennathaniel
@obriennathaniel_f30 on Instagram
United_States
Rep
Drives: 582whp/596wtq '13 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32ToM/// View Post
Nice write up. Cant wait to have my CG exhaust with DP too. Post some videos! Would love to hear it with the high flow cat to compare to mine which will be totally catless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedC5 View Post
Would like some more vids please. WOT, and in cabin cruising. Deciding on this or the Meisterschaft Super GT, since it looks like theyre around the same price?
Ill try to get some posted by the end of the week. F32Tom someone posted the links a few posts up, I tried to embed them into the post but couldnt get it to work.

CG Precision VS-1 Exhaust\DR-1 DownPipe | PS2 Turbo\Inlet | PDU PI w/Fuel-it platinum kit & E sensor | GFB DV+ Diverter Valve | BM3 w/AIC2-V|Tune CaryTheLabelGuy | Full E85 | ATM FMIC | ER Chargepipe Inlet/Outlet | AFE Intake | BC Coilovers | PSS 255/40-275/35 Velos Designwerks S3 two piece 19x9/19x10 | Osram Xenarc | LED retro | AWRON digital AC gauge|
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 12:04 AM   #24
kako-shirazi
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sedan

obriennathaniel, have you tried both map 2 and 5 with your setup? If so, how did they compare for you?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 12:15 AM   #25
obriennathaniel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kako-shirazi View Post
obriennathaniel, have you tried both map 2 and 5 with your setup? If so, how did they compare for you?
TBH I'm not sure if I could tell a diff or not. Im on map 5, and I THINK I can tell a diff from when I switched from 2. If there is its not very obvious. I use 93 octane. I always use Exxon gas but the other day I filled up at a Pilot gas station with their 93 (which oddly was like 40 cents cheaper than Exxons so either they fucked something up, or I had too much to drink) and its not running as tough as it used too. I need to burn through it and fill back up to make sure im not imagining things.

CG Precision VS-1 Exhaust\DR-1 DownPipe | PS2 Turbo\Inlet | PDU PI w/Fuel-it platinum kit & E sensor | GFB DV+ Diverter Valve | BM3 w/AIC2-V|Tune CaryTheLabelGuy | Full E85 | ATM FMIC | ER Chargepipe Inlet/Outlet | AFE Intake | BC Coilovers | PSS 255/40-275/35 Velos Designwerks S3 two piece 19x9/19x10 | Osram Xenarc | LED retro | AWRON digital AC gauge|
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 07:52 AM   #26
CSM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4M, F80 M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by obriennathaniel View Post
I cant get the youtube links to display....help?

So here it is, CG Precisions VS-1, and VSC-1(im undecided if I want to use it or not). The VSC-1 is a module that has 2 FOBs that allow u to open/close the exhaust valve at will, bypassing the cars computer.

I had the Borla S-Type previously, it was nice..... However, the VS-1 completely demolishes the Borla in all aspects. Build quality is SUPERB, not a single flaw, excellent welds and bends, some C&C parts too, very impressive. I couldn't have asked for a better job. Its a 2 piece system(if you use their DP, which i will be buying when its released) compared to Borlas 4 piece system. I was sketch on how it was going to sound because videos are such a terrible way imo of showing off an exhaust note, but its the only choice really. I hoped for a great sound based off of the R&D put into this exhaust and the quality of the build and WOW i am SHOCKED at how good this thing sounds. The videos definitely do it an injustice. If youre in Houston I wouldnt mind letting you hear it, its impressive. Im now no longer embarrassed to cold start it in front of other people lol. They also package these things THOROUGHLY so no damage will occur to the system during shipping. It came with a very nice installation manual, they seriously put a lot of detail and effort into every aspect of this product. I would highly recommend this exhaust, plus its MADE IN AMERICA!....lol.
Awesome write up and thanks for the sound clips! I have been waiting for videos of the exhaust with catless dps, and yours sounds F'kin amazing even though it HFC.

Cant wait to get mine installed! Nice car btw!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 12:49 PM   #27
VO_1M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Just saw the videos. Sounds great! Now i want to see some catless. If no one has a video up by the time i get my car and exhaust put on ill just have to make one haha. Good luck with it.
2011 335i 6MT JB4, AR Dp, Cpe Cp, AFE, E85 map 7 -gone
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 02:14 PM   #28
jsedlak
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by obriennathaniel View Post
Its the perfect amount of quiet!!! A real nice change from the Borla. No drone at all. But if you punch it you can still hear the power.

As far as the DP what do you mean? I have a Challenge DP which has the same connections as the factory DP. The CG exhaust has a 3.5" connection on the end that will match up with their DP (which will be released soon), Keeping it a true 3.5" all the way through instead of swedging down (to a 3" I think) like the factory and all other DP's and exhausts.
Oh, so you could get the 3.5" version with their DP (which isn't release yet?) or get the standard version and it'll match up to any OEM compatible DP?

Their site made it sound like the existing exhaust wasn't compatible with a DP...
      08-24-2014, 11:57 PM   #29
Krelle
Captain
Denmark
Rep
Drives: M2C

Isedlak:
didn't you notice the adapter between the original cat i.e the same as the one of the Challenge down pipe, and the 3,5"?
Remove this and the coming CG down pipe will fit onto the flex piece.
Yes, it will match with any OEM dp or cat
/Krelle
      08-25-2014, 06:35 AM   #30
jsedlak
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krelle View Post
Isedlak:
didn't you notice the adapter between the original cat i.e the same as the one of the Challenge down pipe, and the 3,5"?
Remove this and the coming CG down pipe will fit onto the flex piece.
Yes, it will match with any OEM dp or cat
/Krelle
Thanks
      08-25-2014, 10:53 AM   #31
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG Precision View Post
We actually have not had the car on the dyno with the VS-1. However, the entire system is mandrel bent and no one else makes a 3.5" complete mandrel bent system (to our knowledge). Research has shown that mandrel bends alone result in an extra 3-5" increase in HP over a non-mandrel bent system.

Our DR-1 downpipe will be released soon and will come in two configurations. You can purchase it with the stock downpipe connection (can then bolt up to your factory system or can be used with our VS-1 a provided adapter) OR you can purchase with our "wide mouth" connection that does not taper down. You would simply remove the adapter that we provide.

So on Nathaniel's system, he could run our "wide mouth" design downpipe by simply removing the CNC adapter you see in the pics. What you get is a system free of any bottlenecks and a very happy turbo.

Dyno numbers will for sure be coming soon.
With a high flow cat?

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 11:53 AM   #32
CG Precision
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i

Tons of great comments, thanks guys!

Let me touch on a few things.

First, the downpipes we are offering include the following:

Option 1) 4" Catless DR-1 that will mate to the factory exhaust system.

Option 2) 4" Catless DR-1 that will mate to the VS-1 exhaust system but NOT the factory exhaust system.

Keep in mind that BOTH configurations can be used with our VS-1. The difference is as follows:

1) By using Option 1, you would need to use our adapter that mates from the VS-1 to the DR-1. You can also use this version with the factory exhaust without the need for an adapter. This version is slightly shorter in length and the opening at the outlet is slightly smaller in diameter. Basically, this is the same as all of the other DP's available.

2) By using Option 2, you would NOT need the adapter. Instead, we make this version slightly longer. In addition, the outlet side is slightly larger as well. This eliminates all bottlenecks from the system.

We do not have an option for a catted downpipe YET, but we will at some point. We do not have an anticipated released date.

I apologize for any confusion on the website, we are actively updating and improving the site to make it easier to order! Any and all suggestions are more than welcome!

A few other details that may help the people who are on the fence between our system and the others.

1) Our system is a true 3.5" mandrel bent system. We do not crush any of the tubing or swage anything down. We spent a lot of time engineering the system to accomplish this.

2) Each system is hand fabricated and tig welded by our highly skilled engineers and fabricators here in the USA (Arizona). We serialize each system we build and nothing leaves our shop without approval from myself or the other owner. We take great pride in hand building these systems.

3) Not that this should be a selling point, but if you compare our system to others, our price is still quite a bit less. It is a full catback system. You do not have to purchase an midpipe or intermediary pipe in addition. It is a complete system.

We are currently out of stock and working to fulfill existing orders, but more materials are on the way and should have more in stock and ready to go soon!

Any information on pricing, etc can be found on our commercial post in the vendor classifieds section or our website at www.cgprecision.com.

Jeff
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 01:05 PM   #33
Philipangoo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335

We need to get a Texas exhaust round up meet. I am in DFW with Akrapovic and ER catless, theres another guy here with Meisterschaft and Catless DP. Would love to get some side by sides. Your exhaust sounds incredible. Will probably sound even better once it gets more miles.
      08-25-2014, 01:21 PM   #34
Tx335i10
Private
Rep
Drives: 12 335i

I'm on muffler delete for rite now. Looking for exhaust. I live in fort worth.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 02:06 PM   #35
maddog3xx8
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i xDrive

Looks and sounds awesome!! what are the chances of an in car video? Does this drone less than the Borla Atak?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 07:16 PM   #36
cryptz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m4

does it fit the xdrive? I assumed it did but when I had a reseller contact akra about non cf exhaust tips they said their system didn't fit the xdrive? it may just not be rubber stamped for the xdrive but I wanted to confirm before I order this from you guys
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 02:26 AM   #37
obriennathaniel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipangoo View Post
We need to get a Texas exhaust round up meet. I am in DFW with Akrapovic and ER catless, theres another guy here with Meisterschaft and Catless DP. Would love to get some side by sides. Your exhaust sounds incredible. Will probably sound even better once it gets more miles.
Yea I can't wait, exhausts always sound better once theyre broken in. A meet would be pretty cool, thats just a lonnnggg drive haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog3xx8 View Post
Looks and sounds awesome!! what are the chances of an in car video? Does this drone less than the Borla Atak?
I can easily do an in car video with my iphone, but id rather use my T3i. if I remember tomorrow ill take one on the way to work. Im not sure about the Atak as I had the Borla S, but that alone was too loud and too much drone. I love how it sounded when I floored it, but any other time it was just too loud.

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 01:57 PM   #38
WickedC5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xDrive BSM/Coral Red

OP, how you liking the new exhaust so far? Any more vid's you could share?

It's between this and the Meisterschaft Super GT for me so trying to decide.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2015, 05:32 PM   #39
CG Precision
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i

Bump!
Appreciate 0