XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

01-16-2018, 01:57 PM   #1
novablackm3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Performante, G05 M50i, RR SVR

75k miles oil leak.. lower oil pan replaced

started to see a few drops of oil, took it to the dealer and they said the lower oil pan needed to be replaced. (extended warranty) since they were working on it they also replaced the upper oil pan as a precaution under warranty as well...

for those with an x5m make sure you have an extended warranty.....
      01-16-2018, 02:44 PM   #2
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by novablackm3 View Post
started to see a few drops of oil, took it to the dealer and they said the lower oil pan needed to be replaced. (extended warranty) since they were working on it they also replaced the upper oil pan as a precaution under warranty as well...

Unrelated subject, how would you compare your RR SVR to the X5 M speed wise?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 04:00 PM   #3
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:

Agreed on that.

I recently had an upper oil pan leak on my 50i at 55K miles, dealer wanted $3100 to fix it. Fortunately BMW was in the process of good-willing my value guide seals so the oil pan gasket ended up being a freebie with the engine removed, but it did prompt me to get a warranty for stuff going forward.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2018, 07:54 PM   #4
novablackm3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Performante, G05 M50i, RR SVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirob View Post
Unrelated subject, how would you compare your RR SVR to the X5 M speed wise?
The x5m feels like a raised sedan, a Fing fast one at that even stockthe SVR drives and feels like a suv if you know what i mean (comparable to other LR , g wagon) high center of gravity , high driving position, body away. The x5m is at all speeds faster breaks better and handles better (my SVR is stock) but the SVR just sounds nasty with the super charger and exhaust. The transmission 8sp vs 6sp is a major difference. The 8 speed into svr can be super smooth when in normal driving, in S mode aggressive and in 'dynamic mode' similar to M mode is just plan sick. I also love that it has a exhaust button that is independent. The car feels really well tuned for both the transmission and engine. In regular driving mode the car is super smooth and quiet but can also in a split second turn very very aggressive. On the SVR i just have no desire to mod the car other than wheels.

X5m seats are wayy more comfortable both driver and passenger while the rear seats the SVR is more comfortable especially since it's some what bucket seats style + it tilts back.

But the navi in my 2011 feels more updated than this slow POS , unresponsive infotainment system. Also the air suspension has had to be serviced / flashed 3 times in the past year and the car is now 1 years into ownership. I was looking at a 18 svr which has a bit more pwr and better infotainment but they gave me a new velar as a loaner and the infotainment and steering buttons we're madd lagging. Probably needs 4-5 updates or something just wasn't even useable.

X5m is also my wife's primary, while the SVR is my daily and the m3 is a garaged baby..
Appreciate 1
mirob2944.50
      01-18-2018, 06:57 AM   #5
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
The x5m feels like a raised sedan, a Fing fast one at that even stockthe SVR drives and feels like a suv if you know what i mean (comparable to other LR , g wagon) high center of gravity , high driving position, body away. The x5m is at all speeds faster breaks better and handles better (my SVR is stock) but the SVR just sounds nasty with the super charger and exhaust. The transmission 8sp vs 6sp is a major difference. The 8 speed into svr can be super smooth when in normal driving, in S mode aggressive and in 'dynamic mode' similar to M mode is just plan sick. I also love that it has a exhaust button that is independent. The car feels really well tuned for both the transmission and engine. In regular driving mode the car is super smooth and quiet but can also in a split second turn very very aggressive. On the SVR i just have no desire to mod the car other than wheels.

X5m seats are wayy more comfortable both driver and passenger while the rear seats the SVR is more comfortable especially since it's some what bucket seats style + it tilts back.

But the navi in my 2011 feels more updated than this slow POS , unresponsive infotainment system. Also the air suspension has had to be serviced / flashed 3 times in the past year and the car is now 1 years into ownership. I was looking at a 18 svr which has a bit more pwr and better infotainment but they gave me a new velar as a loaner and the infotainment and steering buttons we're madd lagging. Probably needs 4-5 updates or something just wasn't even useable.

X5m is also my wife's primary, while the SVR is my daily and the m3 is a garaged baby..
That's awesome man. I'm somewhat surprised to hear that since the SVR looks like it's shot out of a cannon from the dig.

Judging from your sig., your X5 M is tuned comparable to what everyone is doing on here, so that's good to know.

Sorry to jack the thread, I've always been curious about this.

Last edited by mirob; 01-18-2018 at 07:03 AM..
Appreciate 0