XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

04-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #1
m3the01
Private
Rep
Drives: '12 AW-CI 35d aka Snow White

Special Hidden Menu in 2011+ LCI x5's

Hello,

I was just curious if anyone could give me some information on a couple menus,

First, i was attempting to reset the oil change interval menu. Standard procedure i found was:
-start engine, reset odometer, turnoff engine, remove key
-insert key, press start/stop button once without foot on pedal
-hold down odometer reset switch until the warning symbol comes up and one can scroll through the various service items such as oil, brake pads, etc.
-on the service item one wish to reset hold down the odometer reset switch until it says reset. Mine doesnt do this, just says 'OK' and doesnt reset on the specific service item.

Now the hidden menu comes up if i continue to hold down the odometer reset switch. Has a bunch of information such as last 7 digits of vin and a bunch of other things. Probably about 5 items and some can be changed...i stopped playing as i didnt want to screw anything up.

Can anyone give me information on how to reset the various service items and what this other menu is? Im thinking specific software details of what is on the vehicle currently... version of software, etc.

As for the service menu, i have about 1400 miles and says 9000 miles until service required. Im surprised it doesnt show something like 8000 miles. This could be why i cant reset anything,

Thanks!!!
      01-27-2015, 10:42 AM   #2
11BMWX5
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 5.0

Bumping up an old thread as I don't see any solution. I have this same issue on my 2011 X5. I see 'OK', but no RESET, when I do the procedure. Do I have to go to the dealer, or will any of the software like Ediabas or INPA allow me to corrrect this myself?
Appreciate 0