XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

06-28-2010, 02:01 PM   #1
webthunder
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 5 Series 530D MSport

NEW X5 40d MSport - STILL NOT ARRIVED!

Hi guys

wonder if anyone has heard of this, and can help me
I ordered the new X5 40d MSport in Feb when they were being announced.
Was told I would have to wait until June 5th, but was ok with that

Well, still no car! Apparently they are saying its being held in Germany because of a fault with the electric seat unit so it was recalled

This is getting silly, date moves out 2 weeks in advance every day, garage has got nowhere and even wants me to phone up and complain!

Has anyone else heard of this, any experience or advice you could share

Really appreciate your help

Cheers
Webthunder, UK
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 04:20 PM   #2
X6Rob
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X6 40D

Hi

I have the same problem - My X6 40d should have arrived by the end of May but I am still waiting - they are now saying Mid July but they will not guarantee it. Has BMW agreed to honour the extra £2000 discount that was available as long the car was registered by the end of May. Seems unfair that I should not get this discount when its BMW fault not mine.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 04:29 PM   #3
webthunder
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 5 Series 530D MSport

X6Rob

I phoned the customer services today to give them a rollocking. They wanted me to make a complaint about my dealer, which I refused, its not the dealers faults BMW havent delivered the car

I assume they must now have a bit of a backlog or something, so everything is getting caught up in it.

Hopefully should get some more info this week and will let you know what I find.

Is a joke tho, on what other item you buy would you receive such vague delivery promises. I am close to telling them where to stick it ( but I really want the car )
Appreciate 0