XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

12-10-2023, 04:34 PM   #1
Warmy
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70 3.0SD

Tyre pressure 3.0 SD

Hey guys

I've doing some searching, but haven't found anything related to my question.

I just put on new winter tyres on my 08 E70 (3.0 SD), and I've found a copy of the manual online.

I've bought a set of Falken Eurowinter HS02 PRO 255/55 R18 109V XL. I bought them prior to any real reviews had released, and although they got bashed in recent reviews for not handling snow super well, they should be fine in the wet/dry which is most of the danish winter anyway.

My question is then regarding tyre pressure, I've previously worn out a pair of summer tyres quickly, because of a too high pressure, according to my mechanic.

According to the manual, page 251-252 the pressure for 255/55 R18's is 32 PSI, which seems fairly low to me.

What pressure do you guys run on your winter tyres?

Look forward to hearing from you.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2024, 10:15 PM   #2
vaf
United_States
Rep
Drives: e70 X5

i work at a tire shop and honestly i tell people to not go over what the manufacture states because they did all the testing to determine what the pressure needs to be but, for winter to combat loss of pressure due to weather it’s safe to go abt 2-3 psi over the recommended pressure. also most cars tire pressure is between 30-35 psi so 32 is just fine most tire maximum is 40 psi unless stated otherwise on the side wall. hope this help on my car i just run what the sticker in the door jam says the only time you really would need to run a lower air pressure is if your doing intense off roading and need the extra suface area or pro level drag racing.
Appreciate 0