XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

01-28-2024, 10:02 PM   #1
vaf
United_States
Rep
Drives: e70 X5

key fob only works within a foot of roof antenna pointed directly at the shark fin

i just bought a 13 35i SAV w/ the CAS (the CAS doesn’t work either) with a funky keyless entry system, when i first got it home i figured the battery was dead in the fob so i replaced it that didn’t fix the issue. so after about a week or so of research i found that the issue might be the diversity amplifier under the trim on the tail gate and was going to replace it until one day at walmart i was approaching the rear of the car and my hands were full w groceries and i put the key fob in my mouth to be able to slide the physical key out to unlock the doors and open my trunk. at this point the fob was above the roofline of the vehicle bc i am a taller individual when i accidentally bit down on the unlock button and the car unlocked. i tried to recreate this for ten minutes when i got home when i discovered that i had to have the fob above the roof line of the car pointed directly at the shark fin and within a foot of it for my fob to work. Has anyone else experienced this if so was it the diversity amplifier or something else that needed to be replaced?
Appreciate 0