XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

12-28-2023, 09:53 PM   #1
freakdaddy
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 325xi

e70 front passenger brake very hot

My e70 has the front passenger brake disc very hot. Hard to touch it. I assumed the caliper was sticking so I replaced it. Same issue. I then replaced both front brake hoses because I know they can make a caliper stick. Typically that shows it's problem by a pressurized caliper with the brake off. Open the bleeder and it will squirt. Didn't do that but I replaced the hoses anyway. Brake disc still very hot. Replaced the driver caliper next because I figured if it were stuck and not able to apply the brake pads as hard as the passenger side, then the passenger side was doing all the braking. Replaced all the pads. Still very hot. Both front wheel bearings have been replaced several months ago. I'm at a total loss as to what is causing this. I've read that the abs system could be at fault. No lights are lit on the dash however I haven't read the codes yet. Anyone have any tips?
Appreciate 1
      12-29-2023, 09:51 AM   #2
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Is your rotor true after all that heat?
      12-29-2023, 03:28 PM   #3
freakdaddy
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by argento View Post
Is your rotor true after all that heat?
It's braking smooth so I think so.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2023, 03:34 PM   #4
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

What about upstream heat on suspension parts? I would assume not since you swapped out the wheel bearing…but good to note.Was thinking the rotor was warped and constantly rubbing on the pads. Sounds like you looked into unequal pressure. With car on, wheel off, the rotor rotates more/less freely? Sorry to hear about your issue, really weird.
      12-30-2023, 09:54 AM   #5
Daytonawim
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 E70 LCI 3.5i 2012

Make both front wheels free of The Road, and check how they turn. If The breakpads stick, you can feel that when turning the wheel. Press and release The brake a few times and see if the wheel runs free every time.
Appreciate 0