XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

08-10-2008, 04:15 PM   #1
LANDLORD
Turbo Engines are Fun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6M Monte Carlo Blue

How do you choose which seats to order?

How do you decide which is the better seat option? With the Sport package you have the choice of either of the two styles of seats. At this point I am favoring the multi-contour. What are the pros and cons of each?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 07:31 PM   #2
OmanXDiver
Oman
Rep
Drives: X6, Audi R8.

The X6 50i in our dealer comes only with with comfort seat but still i feel the car is very stiff and also the suspension is stiff, i was driving the car and wondering how would I feel if it was sport seats!!! i wish if they have suspension mood to turn it sport or comfort.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 07:38 PM   #3
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmanXDiver View Post
The X6 50i in our dealer comes only with with comfort seat but still i feel the car is very stiff and also the suspension is stiff, i was driving the car and wondering how would I feel if it was sport seats!!! i wish if they have suspension mood to turn it sport or comfort.
Your mistake was ordering 21" wheels. The X6 and X5 drive very smooth with stock 19" wheels. I have 20's. When you go all the way to 21" or more you have very little sidewall left to hold up a 5,000lb truck so the tire will be a lot more stiff.

For the record. My X6 with 20's, drives a lot, and I mean a lot better than my 645ci with 19's. Night and day difference. In fact, I think it is smoother than any current 3, 5 or 6 series I have driven.
      08-10-2008, 08:05 PM   #4
OmanXDiver
Oman
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck92103 View Post
Your mistake was ordering 21" wheels. The X6 and X5 drive very smooth with stock 19" wheels. I have 20's. When you go all the way to 21" or more you have very little sidewall left to hold up a 5,000lb truck so the tire will be a lot more stiff.

For the record. My X6 with 20's, drives a lot, and I mean a lot better than my 645ci with 19's. Night and day difference. In fact, I think it is smoother than any current 3, 5 or 6 series I have driven.
Well thanx for telling me i agree with you i just didnt drive the new X5 or X6 before, but i drove a cayenne turbo with Gemballa kits 21's wheels and it was much better than the X6 with 21's wheels especially when you have the option to switch the suspesnion from soft, medium to comfort.

Still it's not that bad I feel it when I drive over rough roads only, the car is still smooth and fun to drive and im not sorry for the 21's
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 08:08 PM   #5
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Well thanx for telling me i agree with you i just didnt drive the new X5 or X6 before, but i drove a cayenne turbo with Gemballa kits 21's wheels and it was much better than the X6 with 21's wheels especially when you have the option to switch the suspesnion from soft, medium to comfort.

Still it's not that bad I feel it when I drive over rough roads only, the car is still smooth and fun to drive and im not sorry for the 21's
The Cayenne uses regular tires. Are your 21's run flats?
      08-10-2008, 08:50 PM   #6
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
The run-flats are much harsher and the first thing I will do once I go through a set of tires is probably switch to the Sport Maxx tires that are not run-flats to improve the ride. Still contemplating about whether to upgrade to 22s. I really like the style 259 that come stock but would like to see someone come out with an inch to inch and half drop and if that becomes available I will probably just stick with the 20s.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2008, 05:57 AM   #7
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

[QUOTE=OmanXDiver;3137009]Well thanx for telling me i agree with you i just didnt drive the new X5 or X6 before, but i drove a cayenne turbo with Gemballa kits 21's wheels and it was much better than the X6 with 21's wheels especially when you have the option to switch the suspesnion from soft, medium to comfort.

Still it's not that bad I feel it when I drive over rough roads only, the car is still smooth and fun to drive and im not sorry for the 21's [/QU

I need to say again,great car and alloys...btw,do you have ADAPTIVE DRIVE?
Maybe that will change driving feeling to be softer with 21 inch and higher..
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2008, 09:20 AM   #8
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
[QUOTE=Deda;3138829]
Quote:

Still it's not that bad I feel it when I drive over rough roads only, the car is still smooth and fun to drive and im not sorry for the 21's [/QU

I need to say again,great car and alloys...btw,do you have ADAPTIVE DRIVE?
Maybe that will change driving feeling to be softer with 21 inch and higher..
The stock ride on the 20" sport tires is actually very good except when you drive on rough roads and it is not too bad. I would not want that ride all the time. I had run-flats on my previous vehicle and once I switched to the same tire but non- run-flat it made a major improvement in overall ride quality. I figure since you get a spare with the X6, then what is the point of run-flats?

I would rather have better performance with an all-around better ride.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2008, 09:36 AM   #9
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

[QUOTE=shenard;3139218]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post

The stock ride on the 20" sport tires is actually very good except when you drive on rough roads and it is not too bad. I would not want that ride all the time. I had run-flats on my previous vehicle and once I switched to the same tire but non- run-flat it made a major improvement in overall ride quality. I figure since you get a spare with the X6, then what is the point of run-flats?

The strange thing is that only BMW USA includes a spare tire with the run-flats!

There is no spare tire in the Canadian version. That space is available for storing other things (or hiding bodies.... ).
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2008, 12:06 PM   #10
OmanXDiver
Oman
Rep

Quote:
Yes they are run flat, but the Cayenne with 21's still more comfort than the
X6 even with 19's. My bro has a Cayenne with 21's wheels and believe me its smoother when you come in rough roads or stright lines.

I still believe the X6 should have mode to change the suspension stiffnes.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2008, 12:11 PM   #11
OmanXDiver
Oman
Rep

[QUOTE=shenard;3139218]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post

Yes your right, I should've told our dealer to give me normal tires instead of run-flats but I never thought about it but still it's not that rough I mean its fine just wish if its bt smoothe.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2008, 02:03 PM   #12
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

I believe that going forward, BMW (and probably other brands too) will only put run-flats on all of their cars as standard equipment.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0