XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

04-13-2013, 08:08 AM   #1
MoTastic_2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW Man

X6 Rear Entertainment

My X6 has rear entertainment and when I turn it to the left it automatically shuts off, the screen

Dealer says it's because it's a safety feature so you don't watch it while driving but to me it looks faulty.

You barely move it and it turns off. I mean the guy on the left side is screwed if he wants to watch it.

Does anyone else have that issue?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2013, 02:12 PM   #2
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

I used to have the rear entertainment before I traded my X6 and I remember it doing the same thing. If it has been unfolded, and turned to face the rear seats, if you try to turn the screen towards the front seats, the screen will go dark. I never asked anyone why it did that, because I assumed it was a safety feature designed to keep the driver from sneaking a peek at the screen, lol. You can always have your car. coded to have the idrive screen show videos while the transmission is in the drive position if you like...
      04-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
MoTastic_2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW Man

well glad that is normal, the dealership told me that but i thought it was just bad and they were trying to get out of replacing it
Appreciate 0