XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

03-17-2013, 11:02 PM   #1
polar993
Legend
Rep
Drives: 2017 Alpina B6 Gran Coupe

Changing Side Markers from Orange to Clear - Easy as 1-2-3! Pics and instructions

I ordered a set of clear side markers from ECS Tuning last week. They arrived in 3-days via Priority Mail....thanks ECS for the fast shipping!

I used the following method to quickly and easily change my original orange side markers from orange to clear.

I thought I'd share this info for all of you to show how easy this mod actually is!

Tools required: Dental Floss

Step 1: Double up dental floss and wrap it around the rear side of the reflector (see pics below)

Step 2: Pull directly outward and the rear part of the reflector will pop out. Only medium pressure is required. Continue to angle pop the other end of the reflector out.

Step 3: Replace with new clear side marker starting the the end towards the front of the car first, then the rear side of the car. It will easily pop into place.

That's it! Total time.....1 minute per side. Easiest mod ever!

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 01:04 AM   #2
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

+1 ... Because dental floss!

That's awesome.

Do you think you could have shaved 10 seconds per side if you used Peppermint floss instead?

Nice mod and ingenious method. I've been thinking of getting the painted reflectors (fromts only) for my X6M and was wondering if I had to get to it through the wheel arch, etc... Thanks for posting this as it would never had occurred to me to try something like this.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 09:14 AM   #3
jamze132
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 228i

I just did the same, but with painted reflectors from IND.
Appreciate 0