XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

04-08-2010, 06:37 PM   #1
jdibber
Registered
Rep
Drives: heavy

Options when ordering 2011 X5 Premium

I'm looking for leather, heated seats and Navigation. The base X5 comes w/ vinyl only, so I have to bump up to the Premium trim. I've received conflicting information from dealers on ordering the 2011 X5 Premium. One dealer said I had to order the Technology and Cold Weather packages to get those 3 options. A different dealer told me I could order Priority 1 options individually as 494 (Heated front seats), 609 (Navigation system) and 639 (BMW Assist with Bluetooth --required w/ Navigation). Anyone know if I purchase the options indivually or through packages only...

I'd rather buy what I want instead of what BMW thinks I want.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2010, 12:46 AM   #2
Harajuku
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW e92

I was getting prices on 2011 X5 standard and they are doing the same thing to me (adding in the BMW Assist with Bluetooth as *required* with Navigation. Even the dealer shrugged his shoulders at that one at first but it seems they cannot input the order (or even quote).

what a car...
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2010, 09:30 AM   #3
M3ltdown
Master Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e90 M3 JzB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdibber View Post
I'm looking for leather, heated seats and Navigation. The base X5 comes w/ vinyl only, so I have to bump up to the Premium trim. I've received conflicting information from dealers on ordering the 2011 X5 Premium. One dealer said I had to order the Technology and Cold Weather packages to get those 3 options. A different dealer told me I could order Priority 1 options individually as 494 (Heated front seats), 609 (Navigation system) and 639 (BMW Assist with Bluetooth --required w/ Navigation). Anyone know if I purchase the options indivually or through packages only...

I'd rather buy what I want instead of what BMW thinks I want.
Check the link below... it has the 2011 35i pricing sheet attached. It does look like you can get those options as Priority 1 options without packages.

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showp...64&postcount=5
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2010, 01:38 PM   #4
jdibber
Registered
Rep
Drives: heavy

So, to get the Nav, you need Bluetooth, that gets you to $2415. For $135 more, you can get the Nav as part of the Tech Package. A no brainer, as the Tech Package includes camera and park distance.....However, you can't get the Tech Package unless you get the Premium Package for $3095.

Why would the Tech Package be conditional on the Premium Package?? I'd be a lot happier if the 35i offered leather!!

Believe it or not, you can price out the X5 on CarsDirect. It uses the BMW wholesale pricelist numbers (the numbers match almost a 100%). The website takes into account all these interdependencies between options and packages, too.
Appreciate 0