XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

05-23-2011, 08:38 PM   #23
ZuerstBMW
¡Viva España!
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i Mineral White

Wrap looks good, but you know you could have bought it black, right?
Anyway, looks GREAT.
      05-23-2011, 10:01 PM   #24
campbelly
AC Schnitzel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern X5M View Post
Beautiful interior, that light color is going to be hell to keep clean.
thanks! yaa i know tell me about it..thankfully its my fathers DD and he keeps his cars immaculate...

but we actually went to see the car right when it got in to the dealer before it was detailed/prepped....and OMG it was gross inside..we were so pissed but didnt wanna say anything cause we knew it was going to be perfect when we got it...but wow i cant believe they dont cover things in plastic like the armrests/steeringwheel...the center armrest looked like a sweaty truck driver had rubbed his hands all over it...i was in awe that a bmw that was made literally a week before could get like that..its a disgrace
      05-23-2011, 10:03 PM   #25
campbelly
AC Schnitzel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuerstBMW View Post
Wrap looks good, but you know you could have bought it black, right?
Anyway, looks GREAT.
thanks! ya this came off of our old '08 X5 Msport and we didnt really wanna buy another one when we had this laying around already
      05-23-2011, 10:11 PM   #26
campbelly
AC Schnitzel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimZ View Post
The wrap on the license plate frame looks good. If you do the same to the side gills show us how u took them out, etc. Are you gonna add wheels anytime soon?
thanks a lot and ya im working on the side grilles, ill post a DIY once i figure it out.

as far as wheels we were thinking of getting the dealer to paint the stocks gloss black for something like $150 a wheel..i still have to figure out if the rims can take it (and wont just look like steels/crap from far) and if it will make the wheels look to small.

we have to buy winter rims/tires tho up here in canada so there are some options there, but would rather go 19" to save $ and traction and the only thing ive found that fit are the package bmw offers for like 5k...so were open to opinions/other possible options we can take.

as i said its my fathers daily driver, if it were mine we all know there would be 22's/23's on there lol
      06-05-2011, 09:24 PM   #27
psalm40
Jet Black 135cic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i convertible

Camp-
Any word on the black side markers? I looked at (my future) AW X5M over the weekend. The white really makes the chrome bits stick out like a sore thumb! I'll need to change over the grills and the side markers ASAP.