XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

06-10-2011, 06:06 AM   #1
Allstarlogic
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 E70 2010

EU standard headlights.

Hello everyone. My bro's friends had his BMW X5 E70 2010 delivered here to Israel,

So now we have to pass all the usual test. This is the first time I hear that there is "EU standard headlights." And the service guy starts explaining that the headlights should be Symmetrical. He says that the EU standard is when the lights are Symmetrical. One last test we need to get threw.

So anyways, I drive the X5 to a privet dealer BMW. The mechanic tells me that It is not possible to do it by hand. To regulate the lights to position what is needed here in Israel. He is telling me that I need to buy new lights, and he tells me the price 9,000 Shekel per headlight plus installation, and this comes out to 20,000 thousand shekel. thats 5882$ dollars!

Maybe its better if I buy them off ebay but how will I know that they are EU standard headlights? or maybe there is a way to do it my self?

I would really use somebody's advice who dealt with this situation or maybe what would you recommend me on doing?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 10:26 AM   #2
NavM
M-Sport
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

I am not aware of any differences. Sounds suspicious to me.
Appreciate 0