XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

06-11-2011, 12:01 PM   #1
Smithcinema
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 x5

X5 sport tires

How long do they last ??? My 2008 x5 lease is up looking to upgrade to the sport model I love the wide tire look I know some people say there bad in the snow I live in new york and I see a ton of x5 with them so they can't be that bad but my concern is I don't want to buy a new set before I turn in the truck in 3 years !! My tires now are fine plenty of tread left do u think I will get 3 years 30,000 out of them ???
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2011, 03:38 PM   #2
AlexGP
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 BMW X5 3.0

I just bought a 2012 SAV (which of course comes with the Dunlop sports wheels/tires. I bought it already planning to switch them for snow tires (of the same size, however), as I know these tires will suck in Boston snow. NY snow is less, as we know, but I still would not ride the summer tires on snow at all. Having said that, I am told the summer tires should last only about 2025k miles, depending on how one drives (others in the forum can attest or not to that). But if that is the case, you'll be at best cutting it close if you stick with these tires for 3 years....
In summary, with the sport tires, you are bound to have to change them every 2-3 years at least, so it makes sense to have either a winter set as well OR change them for all-seasons at some point.
Appreciate 0