XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

11-04-2009, 11:12 AM   #1
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

I hate insurance companies..

I just wanted to mention how much I hate Car insurance companies... They are absolute thieves and we pay all this money to insure something. Then we do everything in our power not use what we are paying for..(AND THEY KNOW THIS) .. IF we actually use what we are paying for they charge us even more. I hate insurance companies..
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 11:20 AM   #2
Nezo86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
I just wanted to mention how much I hate Car insurance companies... They are absolute thieves and we pay all this money to insure something. Then we do everything in our power not use what we are paying for..(AND THEY KNOW THIS) .. IF we actually use what we are paying for they charge us even more. I hate insurance companies..
+1, but i was actually surprised on how cheap insurance on my 50i is....
2010 BMW X6 50i, Black Sapphire Metallic, Chateau Nevada Leather - 20" Light-alloy wheels Star Spoke (style259) with mixed run-flat perf. tires - Space-saver spare - Soft-close automatic doors - Heated front seats - Dark Bamboo wood trim - Performance Upgrade - Premium Package - Rear Climate Package - Sport Package - Rearview Camera with Top View
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 12:38 PM   #3
artrosis
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X6 ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezo86 View Post
+1, but i was actually surprised on how cheap insurance on my 50i is....
How much are you paying a month if you dont mind me asking?
Age, Married??
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 01:18 PM   #4
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

I am 25 years of age. I live in Manhattan. I am single. I own my own company. I do very well for myself. The first quote I received was for $4,800.00 for 6 months. I could go into the specifics about coverage but just assume it is all encompassing

Their explanation was the fact that I moved into NYC and that right there raises my premiums big time. They said if I moved back to my old address that it would be almost half as much. This is very disappointing. Whether I can afford it or not is not the point. The point is the first quote I received almost matches my payment on the car per month. Which is absurd. I was a bit more reckless years ago. However, I haven't received a ticket in over 2 years. They also said my age did not help.

I am pissed because I use them for all of my insurance needs. Yet when I apply for car insurance they try to nail me between the eyes. My 335 was less than half this much. Absolutely ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 01:30 PM   #5
bobbyv
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 335 Coupe, 2006 330 Sedan

Give me a call .. I am an independant agent here in Astoria, NY maybe I could help you out. We represent over 15 national insurance companies. 718-267-1500 Bobby
Appreciate 0