XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

06-21-2008, 09:16 AM   #23
abe2
Rep
Drives: Honda Accord

400 hp / 450 tq

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t_drive_review
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2008, 11:21 PM   #24
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

X5 "M" At BMW PC Test Track-Pic's and Vid's

Hey guys it was X "M"'s everywhere this week at the PC track.First the X6M and now the X5M.This X5M looks pretty far along in the development process,just like the X6M.I believe these to be the first X5M pic's showing the camo'ed side M gills or silts on the X5M.These were not present on the test mules in Death Valley or on the Ring.The rear bumper looks production ready and the white LED's shown on the X6M have made it to the huge front intake vents on the front of the X5M. The roof rails look like they follow the line of the roof a little closer...like the X6 roof rails.The engine in this X5 sounds more like the TTV8 which is found in the 50i X6 IMO.It is a very booming,loud exhaust note.It does not sound like the exhaust note in the X6M...which was much higher pitched.Just not sure about the engine.The second vid is kidda funny.A quiet exhaust note diesel X5 goes by and in the background you hear this loud exhaust note getting closer....the X5M is approaching from the rear.I was thinking JAWS or something!!!! Thanks! PalBay http://palbay.smugmug.com/gallery/57...56924832_MoLGP