XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-16-2008, 04:41 AM   #23
Daniel B
X6 Driver
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 3.5D

Hey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAESULx6 View Post
So far I have one problem...... where should i put my sunglass???
You got a lot of very very very very usefull space btwen thoose lovley backseats!
In old thinking cars that space is for people who like to sit tight ass to ass
      09-16-2008, 05:42 AM   #24
lonely_dxb83
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAESULx6 View Post
So far I have one problem...... where should i put my sunglass???
looooool
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 05:44 AM   #25
lonely_dxb83
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

I really thank you all who post a reply and share it in this topic.. I wish to hear more from you guys.....
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 10:20 AM   #26
BMWNA
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheaptrick View Post
Nav in 3x for repairs, now they are putting in new computer. Pulls to the right, they can't seem to fix it. Did alignment, swapped tires, still there. Some kind of shipping cosmline on passenger door handle stained the paint and they could not get it out, so they will repaint it. Have the same junk in the front corners of the all the doors on the inside. So far that's it but compared to wife 335 with 1 problem that seems like a lot. Car in service now for the 4th time in 2 months. Cheap

I’m with BMW of North America, LLC. Check your inbox for our offer of assistance.
      09-16-2008, 12:36 PM   #27
cheaptrick
cheap
Rep
Drives: 335CIC & 35i X6

bmw CUSTOMER RELATIONS

Nice to see someone is listening. I have contacted them and we will see how it turns out. 1 week car still in shop. Oh well, as least I have an X5 loaner. Cheap
      09-16-2008, 06:19 PM   #28
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW NA Customer Relations View Post
I’m with BMW of North America, LLC. Check your inbox for our offer of assistance.
I'm impressed.
Cheap let us know how it turns out.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 07:46 PM   #29
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
I'm impressed.
Cheap let us know how it turns out.
I'm not. I've sent BMW NA Customer Relations a PM about of 2 month ago and asked for some additional information... Well I'm still waiting for an answer!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 08:18 PM   #30
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
I'm not. I've sent BMW NA Customer Relations a PM about of 2 month ago and asked for some additional information... Well I'm still waiting for an answer!
BMW NA Customer relations is one way communications. They do not engage in back and forth chatter. They merely facilitate putting you in contact with the correct people.

Any PM to BMW will be ignored. They do this to keep themselves out of trouble. Surely you can understand the liability reasons for doing this.

They watch the board, and provide a contact path. They reach out as needed. You cannot reach out to them via a public forum. Use the 800 number instead.
      09-16-2008, 10:02 PM   #31
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenard View Post
I have to revise this. Just started up the X6 and noticed that my HUD is not working and I could get to to turn back on. Looks like I have to make my first service call. I may also ask them if there are any iDrive updates because I notice that it is very slow and almost freezes for about 45-60 seconds after starting vehicle sometimes
Well I am glad to say that I will have to revise my statement back and am problem free so far. Somehow I ended up hitting the little button next to the headlights knob which turns HUD on and off and when I drove by the dealer they quickly pointed this out and I was on my way. They also acknowledged that the slow starting iDrive and rear view camera is a known issue and apparantly they have been working on a fix for some time.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 10:31 PM   #32
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Well I am glad to say that I will have to revise my statement back and am problem free so far. Somehow I ended up hitting the little button next to the headlights knob which turns HUD on and off and when I drove by the dealer they quickly pointed this out and I was on my way. They also acknowledged that the slow starting iDrive and rear view camera is a known issue and apparantly they have been working on a fix for some time.
Wow. Glad to hear that there was nothing wrong with your car!
I think their way of saying that they have been working on a fix for quite some time is 'we are going to have a completely new and different iDrive soon'!

I have had the same issue with slow start-ups on my current iDrive system for over 2 years now... and the dealership is still telling me that 'BMW is working on a fix...'
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 12:40 AM   #33
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
they must have found a "FIX" for the RVC, as mine works almost straight away, and I can manually operate it at any time and speed to check if needed who is behind. The HUD on/off switch is built into the light swich assy, I use mine all the time not it's great. Best regards J.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 02:05 AM   #34
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Quote:
Good for you!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 02:07 AM   #35
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
they must have found a "FIX" for the RVC, as mine works almost straight away, and I can manually operate it at any time and speed to check if needed who is behind. The HUD on/off switch is built into the light swich assy, I use mine all the time not it's great. Best regards J.
Does that means that you are not fully satisfy with HUD?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 08:50 AM   #36
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post
Does that means that you are not fully satisfy with HUD?
I love the HUD and use it all the time, much better than looking at the speedo, and safer.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 02:58 PM   #37
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

Cool thing!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2008, 02:34 PM   #38
narrowgauge7.25
Rep
Drives: X6 30d

Had my 30D since mid August no problems but yesterday I got warning that 4 wheel drive failed, Istopped the engine and it cleared
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2008, 03:00 PM   #39
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
hey also acknowledged that the slow starting iDrive and rear view camera is a known issue and apparently they have been working on a fix for some time.
That's good to hear it's annoying have to wait for the idrive/camera to be ready before I back up. I especially need the camera at the mall parking lot as folks walk around dazed.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2008, 03:36 PM   #40
KJ
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 - Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
That's good to hear it's annoying have to wait for the idrive/camera to be ready before I back up. I especially need the camera at the mall parking lot as folks walk around dazed.
When test drove the X6, the rear view camera worked right away with no delay.

Are you guys with the current X6's still having problems?

- KJ
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2008, 04:09 PM   #41
cheaptrick
cheap
Rep
Drives: 335CIC & 35i X6

fixed

Well so far so good. After 10 days at dealer car is back with new nav computer and 2 new front tires and some adjustments to fix the pull to the right. Pull is Mostly gone, and Nav has worked fine since. Glad BMWNA got involved as dealer was of the "no big deal" attitude and I think that HQ's involvement light a fire under their fanny. They might have keep the car another week without it. Seems to be working fine now. I also have a 335 vert that has had absolutly ZERO problems, so this kinda suprised me. Cheap
      09-30-2008, 01:25 AM   #42
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheaptrick View Post
Well so far so good. After 10 days at dealer car is back with new nav computer and 2 new front tires and some adjustments to fix the pull to the right. Pull is Mostly gone, and Nav has worked fine since. Glad BMWNA got involved as dealer was of the "no big deal" attitude and I think that HQ's involvement light a fire under their fanny. They might have keep the car another week without it. Seems to be working fine now. I also have a 335 vert that has had absolutly ZERO problems, so this kinda suprised me. Cheap
I glad to hear!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2008, 08:08 AM   #43
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by narrowgauge7.25 View Post
Had my 30D since mid August no problems but yesterday I got warning that 4 wheel drive failed, Istopped the engine and it cleared
What does the 3.0D perform like?. I thought it would be under powered.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2008, 09:16 AM   #44
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post
When test drove the X6, the rear view camera worked right away with no delay.

Are you guys with the current X6's still having problems?

- KJ
KJ, when you test drove the X6 and tried the backup camera, was the car running already or did you just start it and put the car in reverse right away?

The problem with the backup camera (or even just PDC for that matter) really only is an issue right after you start the car. NOT when you have been running the engine for a while already!

The Nav computer has to 'boot up' first before you can use it. This can take up to 30 seconds or so. In this time it boots the OS, and tries to initialize the DVD drive as well as communicate with everything else in the car to do a quick diagnostics check. During this time, it simply ignores any other 'user' inputs/requests (e.g. steering wheel buttons, reverse gear selection to enable PDC and/or reversing camera, etc...).

Out of personal experience, I have found that the DVD drive seems to add the longest delay. By removing the Navigation DVD from the drive, it boots up a lot faster and is by far more responsive. However, that said, I do NOT remove the Navigation DVD from the drive. I only did this for test purposes to see if it would help and it did.
Appreciate 0