XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Photo/Video/Audio Gallery

01-05-2009, 06:31 PM   #23
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakedaze View Post

Reality check for the putz that wrote it. Chris Bangle did NOT design the car. In fact he has never desgned a car himself. BMW has design TEAMS no one guy who designs everything. How could he hate so much on BMW when they are out selling AUdi and Mercedes with NO PROBLEM. BMW sold more pre-owned cars last year than Audi did NEW CARS. He should be ripping on them not BMW.

The X6 is a niche vehicle and BMW knows that. They are turning profits on the car (more in Russia and parts of Europe over th US) but they are making money on the car. How can he not understand why they have such a car? The reason is to MAKE MONEY like everyone else who owns a business.

The people who buy the X6 a are similar to the prople who buy a 6 series over a 5 series. They dont care as much about space and syling is more important. Its a 6 series COUPE like utility vehicle. Why is it so hard for the media to understand? They dont get as crazy when someone buys a 6 series over a 5 series right? It is basically the same thing when someone buy an X6 over an X5. I sell BMW's the positive reviews on the looks of the X6 easily outweigh the negative ones.
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2009, 06:47 PM   #24
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD View Post
Reality check for the putz that wrote it. Chris Bangle did NOT design the car. In fact he has never desgned a car himself. BMW has design TEAMS no one guy who designs everything. How could he hate so much on BMW when they are out selling AUdi and Mercedes with NO PROBLEM. BMW sold more pre-owned cars last year than Audi did NEW CARS. He should be ripping on them not BMW.

The X6 is a niche vehicle and BMW knows that. They are turning profits on the car (more in Russia and parts of Europe over th US) but they are making money on the car. How can he not understand why they have such a car? The reason is to MAKE MONEY like everyone else who owns a business.

The people who buy the X6 a are similar to the prople who buy a 6 series over a 5 series. They dont care as much about space and syling is more important. Its a 6 series COUPE like utility vehicle. Why is it so hard for the media to understand? They dont get as crazy when someone buys a 6 series over a 5 series right? It is basically the same thing when someone buy an X6 over an X5. I sell BMW's the positive reviews on the looks of the X6 easily outweigh the negative ones.
Well said. I ignore reviews otherwise I would be driving a Camry all my life and miss out on some great cars.

Like the 6 series, the X6 is very exclusive and as a result, there will be more people that have bad things to says than owners of the vehicles.
      01-30-2009, 10:58 AM   #25
Ez_70
No_Country
Rep
Drives: x6

+2

^x5 ^ x6

^x3
FAIL
Appreciate 0