XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

09-03-2021, 12:41 PM   #1
Blivit
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5

Help with Bimmergeeks protool

So from a previous thread, I was asking about battery replacement. I decided to get a BG protool license, a battery from autozone and do it myself. All went well on the install and registering the new battery using protool was easy.

As I had it open I wanted to look at the gauges and monitor a few things. I can connect to the vehicle fine. I can read all info, any error codes etc. The first time I went into gauges on the DME, they worked. Everything defaults to RPM but I changed one gauge to pedal position and watched as everything looked good. I then went back into setup and selected additional parameters by putting a check mark next to them. After that I went back to live data and items are there but all of the gauges are a static value. Nothing changes anymore. I tried reconnecting, unplugging, changing options. Nothing seems to work. I still have full communication with everything its just gauges are not logging. Anyone run across this before?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 08:31 AM   #2
Blivit
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5

For those interested, bimmergeeks support has been fantastic. I sent this to them as well through email on Friday of a holiday weekend and they responded within a few hours. Then followed up on Saturday and Sunday.

Ultimately it is something they have seen and are working on a fix. It has to do with the number of parameters chosen to log and not the actual item. Some pcm's seem to limit it to 8 selections. If you choose more, it locks up. Doesn't cause any issues; once you go back to 8 you're fine.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 01:08 PM   #3
Dawgz
2022 M4 Comp Xdrive
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Comp Xdrive

Yea their support is great..I had issues in the new android build not being able to save logs. They actually went out and bought the same phone I had so that they can resolve the problem.

Their support is fantastic.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 08:57 PM   #4
ryansbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 35i M-Sport, 2010 535x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blivit View Post
For those interested, bimmergeeks support has been fantastic. I sent this to them as well through email on Friday of a holiday weekend and they responded within a few hours. Then followed up on Saturday and Sunday.

Ultimately it is something they have seen and are working on a fix. It has to do with the number of parameters chosen to log and not the actual item. Some pcm's seem to limit it to 8 selections. If you choose more, it locks up. Doesn't cause any issues; once you go back to 8 you're fine.
That’s great to know. I was screwing around with logs not that long ago and ran into the same problem. I must have selected too many parameters

Welcome to Protool btw. It’s fun coding all these things into the car.