XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

09-15-2021, 07:42 AM   #1
NLens
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW x5

New to me BMW x5 xdrive35D. - introduction

picked up a new to me BMW x5 xdrive35D last week. I LOVE it. I never saw myself as a BMW guy, but wow. I just enjoy driving it, thoroughly. My x5 was in good shape, given the years and miles. I am doing a few small things to make it more comfortable for my family. It will be a 2nd car, but will be used well. It has the 3rd row, and the towing, and roof rails, so I will likely occasionally pull a yard trailer with it, etc. I just like the heck out of this car and it's only been 5 days!

things I need to do:

1. all weather mats and cargo liner - already ordered
2. replace a rear passenger rubber/sticky door handle - already ordered from amazon.
3. replace the rear hatch/sticky handle
4. figure out a way to modernize the audio situation
5. update the backup camera a little

Question - I've seen some products, and youtube videos on how to add android/carplay to most older BMWs, but it's usually 11/13 model years and up. I found one for $1000, but does anyone know of products that they like for the 2009 CCC to modernize it a bit? I don't need cutting edge. I'd just like to bring it up to the 2014s or so. right now, I plug the USB cord in, and it only charges. it doesn't play audio, so i'd settle for that. HAHA. Such a great vehicle to be using only an Aux in cord.

Either way, I LOVE the x5, and will be reading your posts and learning from y'all in short order. thanks

NLens
Appreciate 0