XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

04-05-2014, 07:33 PM   #1
theonesupreme
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M

Sad story from Brooklyn again with dashcam

Rear impacted on the x5m, everyone who ever run on stop sign said there is no car coming, you are speeding, he or she stopped.

On the other lane, there was a red crv coming as well.

Also she said my rear wheel hit her front bumper.

Right now has 4x4 malfunction, the impact was bad, video evidence shown to the cop.

Don't know how much it gonna cost to fix the car.
Attached Images

04-06-2014, 08:52 AM   #2
windsailor
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M Black Saphire

Sorry to hear, hard to believe a crash at 12MPH
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2014, 09:34 AM   #3
theonesupreme
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsailor
Sorry to hear, hard to believe a crash at 12MPH
That gps speed meter was incorrect, I was doing 30-35 mph. Could have avoided if I was doing 15-20mph for a side swipe.

She was pulling out with low speed 5-10mph , there was another car (red crv)from other lane, she didn't see that car as well.

When I up to that point to see her, there is a upslope stop sign. I got pushed and swinging my rear to the other lane, almost crashed into the red crv.

If there was no car coming on the other lane I can avoid it, but the red crv was coming toward my lane to pass a car double parked there.

She thought she could just stopped in front of the lane then people will let her go, it is a stop sign not an all way stop sign.

She was arguing with the cop that I was speeding if 30-35mph is speeding then the cops will be busy on giving out tickets to everyone. the point is she didn't stop for a clear vision before she moved. Accident is nothing I can say about, I just feel sad about my car.

if anyone knows what would be impacted after a crash like this, please share your information.

Because the car has kw v3, akrapovic exhaust, other mods..
That's why I planned not going back to the dealer for getting the car fixed.
      04-06-2014, 06:30 PM   #4
windtendo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Garage List
2023 BMW M5C  [0.00]
1989 BMW M3  [0.00]
Not trying to thread jack here, but genuinely curious... If you have mods like an exhaust or wheels, does insurance cover those items as well?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2014, 08:50 PM   #5
theonesupreme
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by windtendo
Not trying to thread jack here, but genuinely curious... If you have mods like an exhaust or wheels, does insurance cover those items as well?
The other party has to pay for everything no matter what, even I have one part broken, they have to find a used part for me, otherwise they have to buy me a new one.

I just worried about the control arm and air suspension.