XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

04-13-2013, 08:54 PM   #1
eocrm3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

About to purchase 2010 X5 4.8i

My wife and I will be picking up a 2010 X5 4.8i with 22k miles later this week. It is a 1 owner X5 (lease), clean carfax, with sports pkge, tech pkge, 20 inch Y wheels etc....pretty much loaded. We are paying $42k for it, which I'm hoping was a good deal.

The X5 is 6 hours from where we live so we will be driving up to pick it up, and wanted to know if there are basically any things to look out for before completing the purchase. I've dealt with this dealer before when I bought my M3 from him, and everything was as described with the M3, deal went perfectly on that one.

From doing online forum research it seems like it's kind of a hit and miss with E70s in terms of reliabillity....half of the owners who post about them state they are good vehicles, while the other half seems to report consistent reliability issues. The X5 still has about a year of warranty left on it, but am curious as to whether these models are basically just in and out of service.

Any tips, advice, etc, that you guys can give on the 2010 4.8i models would be greatly appreciated. What issues are common on this model? Anything I should pay particular attention to on vehicle before closing the deal? Even though we're driving 6 hrs to pick up the X5, I am fully ready to back out of the deal in case there are indicators that this particular X5 is loaded with issues.

Thanks in advance guys.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #2
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Is this a BMW dealership? Does it have a clean Carfax? Take a PTG with you to make sure no panels were repainted.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 12:28 AM   #3
eocrm3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Carfax is clean, one owner.

It is not a BMW Dealership, it's a dealership that specializes in imports like BMW, Audi, etc.

I did purchase my 2010 M3 from the dealership about one month ago, and the M3 is pristine, also a one owner, clean carfax.

I guess I'm more worried in issues commonly associated with the 2010 4.8i X5, rather than worried about the dealer trying to hide something that might be wrong with the X5.
Appreciate 0