XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

04-18-2011, 11:10 PM   #1
Jtravapd
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 x5 sport edition

Has anyone sent out their lights

to OSS? There is a shop in NJ who said they would remove my lights send them to OSS to be modified and then reinstall them once they came back in. I just don't know what i would do without head lights for 2 weeks.

Has anyone done this with their trucks? I saw a video on youtube, and the lights come out insane!. There is really nothing out there that even comes close.

I seriously might just do it and rent a car for the two weeks till they come back. lol
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 07:12 AM   #2
STIto335
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtravapd View Post
to OSS? There is a shop in NJ who said they would remove my lights send them to OSS to be modified and then reinstall them once they came back in. I just don't know what i would do without head lights for 2 weeks.

Has anyone done this with their trucks? I saw a video on youtube, and the lights come out insane!. There is really nothing out there that even comes close.

I seriously might just do it and rent a car for the two weeks till they come back. lol
Instead of renting a car for two weeks why don't you take that money and pay to have them overnighted there and back. Now rent a car for 3-4 days and offer the shop some of the extra cash to get them done in a day or 2.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 07:03 PM   #3
Jtravapd
Private
Rep

I talked about the overnight but I still think it will be in Florida for
A week or so. I'll have to find out.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 09:19 PM   #4
X5Beemaah
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 50i Alpine White

What is OSS? What modification are they doing to your lights?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 01:32 AM   #5
nood1es
Captain
Rep
Drives: E70

Mmmm u mean this is for a 3 series correct? Luis hasn't mentioned anything about modifying the x series yet(unless I'm mistaken, tell me if I am). I've had it on my 3..turn around was 2 weeks and that was him having to wait a weekend for parts to come and they weren't the right ones! Would have been faster if no hiccups.Overnighting is about 2-$300 or so thru fedex one way, or just $70 for regular shipping thru their business account for both ways.

Last edited by nood1es; 04-21-2011 at 01:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 01:45 AM   #6
Jtravapd
Private
Rep

I thought I read one for the x5. I also emailed the car shop here in jersey and told him it was an x5. I'm wondering if they order the parts and then I send it down there over night and back overnight could it basically be done in a day or so? How long does it take for the modification?

Can you post pictures of your lights done on your 3 please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nood1es View Post
Mmmm u mean this is for a 3 series correct? Luis hasn't mentioned anything about modifying the x series yet(unless I'm mistaken, tell me if I am). I've had it on my 3..turn around was 2 weeks and that was him having to wait a weekend for parts to come and they weren't the right ones! Would have been faster if no hiccups.Overnighting is about 2-$300 or so thru fedex one way, or just $70 for regular shipping thru their business account for both ways.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 02:00 AM   #7
nood1es
Captain
Rep
Drives: E70

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=439243

Don't want u to get your hopes up man, not happening for x yet. I know there was a gb for one that did it with Luis but that was for e90 and haven't heard anything about for the x. :/. Ls3 is supposedly having a local come to test fit n what not soon.

If the shop does in fact do it with Luis..it's 2-3 days ship to him, 1-2 days install of actual led( he needs full day for baking and setting of glue) and 2-3 day back. Install of lights onto car from start to finish when i did it myself was about about 1 hour, and cost me close to $800 all said n done including packaging material(box, styro peanuts, bubble wrap). I luckily didn't need to rent a car.

Only option I like really now is lux v3 and that's what I have currently. Had the bms arc and they're a waste of $. Slight change in color but nothing drastic..I guess if you have $25 and you're curious go for it. Lux are as bright as my OSS(both halos) I'd say if you're looking at it head on. And not too bright like hids where it bleeds. Also the thing that got me is you can cram it all in headlight and install took me 5-10 min. Depending on hand size..obviously faster if you have smaller hands.

I'll take some pics, I owe Marc some anyways. Hope that helps a bit man!

Last edited by nood1es; 04-21-2011 at 02:14 AM..
Appreciate 0