XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

11-07-2015, 10:01 PM   #1
Dr.Duct_Mossburg
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Space Gray · E70 X5M

Allow me to introduce myself!

Whats going on folks! I'm still trying to figure out this forum and it's layout because its slightly different from any other i've experienced before. Generally there is an introduction section but i'm not sure here? Getting the ability to make a post was interesting with all the hoops of being approved, etc. but im sure it makes a good user experience without the need to NUKE threads so if this is the wrong place I apologize in advance.

With that being said, I'm in the market for an X5M. I sold my last personal car (I have a work car) a year ago and i've been deciding as to what I was going to get next as I just had a little girl 3 months ago (today).. I originally started looking at these last year, the SRT Jeep, an F150 Raptor, all over the place. After a year, i'm back to the X5M. Fast forward to today, I test drove a 2013 locally to make sure I liked it before I went on the hunt nationally.

I'm going for a space grey, loaded with Leather, cold weather, etc. but don't care about the rear media package. I'm addicted to modding things but i'll be leaving this stock ( I've already read Gixxerboy thread front to back). There's a nice one in Cinci that is being sold by EAG (supposed to be a big M reseller). Let me know what you think here. We're on a slightly different page with the price right now but i'm hoping we work it out. If not, on to the next... whats a month of two when you've been looking for a year? lol

A little about me..

Previous car(s) were CTSV's (3 in total).

CTSV w/700+WHP. Never got to REALLY run it but it went 10.1 on 20's.

Prior to that was my 09' - Miss this car. It's currently the blower only record holder at 9.4 with the new owner.

The only BMW i've ever owned.. (Full Ohlins, all the power goodies, light upgrades, etc).

Recently sold that for a 1 of 500 - 2015 R1M. (I know its dirty)

My others passion - BecauseMurica!

I look forward to getting to know everyone. The cadillac forum was a brotherhood and had TONS of great members that I will likely be life long friends with and still post on it daily. Hoping this turns in to another version of that!

Take care.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2015, 10:52 PM   #2
theaudir8fan
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: a major headache

Hi and welcome, the car you found seems to be a great spec, it's loaded to brim with cooled comfort seats, the only option it doesn't have is rear seat entertainment, which is great. I think most of us would say go for it with an extended warranty, these cars have a lot less aftermarket support than the GM products, so be prepared to spend more for stuff that really shouldn't cost so much
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2015, 10:57 PM   #3
Dr.Duct_Mossburg
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaudir8fan View Post
Hi and welcome, the car you found seems to be a great spec, it's loaded to brim with cooled comfort seats, the only option it doesn't have is rear seat entertainment, which is great. I think most of us would say go for it with an extended warranty, these cars have a lot less aftermarket support than the GM products, so be prepared to spend more for stuff that really shouldn't cost so much
They don't have an extended warranty option. Ill definitely the truck, lower it, etc. so the warranty would likely be useless. I have a good friend of mine that is the head mechanic at a local high end (ferrari, lambo, rolls, bentley, BMW, MB, etc) indy shop and actually came from BMW so I should be pretty fortunate there... Hopefully.

I haven't tracked down that many things that are problematic with these?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 09:26 PM   #4
gixxerboy63
Tanzanite Blue II X5M Pilot
Rep
Drives: M3, M4, X3 M40i, X5M

Garage List
2017 m4  [0.00]
2010 BMW X5M  [10.00]
Welcome!

Very impressed!
I really like the CTS-V and especially the wagon. I was so tempted to buy one, but my BMW loyalty got the best of me and the following video sealed the deal:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...F026644CCD657F

Looking forward to yours.

2020 X5M - Tanzanite II
2012 M3 - Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 11:02 PM   #5
Dr.Duct_Mossburg
First Lieutenant
Rep

We all know that their is a video for everything on the internet but I can tell you just from hearing him mention the Rev limiter that he had no clue what he was doing.

It would take a lot for an x5m to beat even a stock V... a simple pulley would almost render it realistically impossible. I ran a 12.0 @ 117 stock on some bald snow tires. It's a 10 second car with a pulley, injector tune combo trapping in the mid 120s. In the last year they've come extremely far. A buddy of mine has been he'll bent on the bolt on record. Aggressive pulley combo, heat exchanger, injectors, h/i, e85 and trapped 134.

The only real advantage the x5m will have over the wagon is the awd aspect in terms of performance imo. Of course amenity technology and superior refinement stands out boldly on the x5m. Cadillac is off to a hell of a start but they aren't up to level with the Germans in that dept. Rightfully so in order to keep the price tag down as much as possible for their market.

A little cts v fun..

My old car with its new owner who has taken it to new levels.... 9.5 iirc while pulling the wheels off the ground. Built motor, stock blower, trans, converter, etc. No spray. Full weight. Crappy Florida weather.

https://youtu.be/Q_BB4vrOozg

Manny's 8 second v. Stock trans, stock blower, full weight.

https://youtu.be/U87GWv2qTkU

Heres a video of my last project..

https://youtu.be/SyBwVwaIru4

https://youtu.be/1RRWTSV65p8
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 07:27 PM   #6
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Those CTS-Vs are impressive to say the least. My wife's friend had a two-door and although it's my least favorite of the available variants, it looked mean from the front and the interior wasn't half bad. The wagon is my favorite, followed by the four door. I've been to some track events where some of these cars were putting some serious power down.
Appreciate 0