XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

05-24-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
szj2020
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X6

dealerships to be avoided - BMW West Island - Montreal

I was always disappointed with their service and stuff, but never to the point of complaining, but what happens last month is just outrages.

My regular beef with them is long waiting time for service, asking $20 for replacement Toyota corolla while they keep your car for few days (recall repair).

But this is something that got me fuming.

6 months ago i went for regular maintenance/oil change. Service rep told me that my Brakes are due in the same time (pads and disks) and this is something that is free because is cover by BMW warranty.

After 2 days car was ready with new brakes and oil.

Approximately 30 days later i got call from Service rep. from BMW West Island saying that they made a mistake and brake job was not covered by BMW warranty and basically i own them $1500. I was just speechless.

At the beginning i was trying to explain to them that i need to agree to the repair/service cost before job was done if they want to charge me.

After 20 min of very bizarre conversation i simply told the that i'm not going to pay dime, as i never agree to this, and they can take brakes back and install the old-ones or just can file a lawsuit against me.

that was end of this, but yesterday i call them for the oli appointment, and i was told that they will not service me as according to them i have unpaid invoice for $1500.

As conclusion word of advice, if you go there, be careful, they may offer you free new engine replacement but month after they will send you invoice for $20K
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2013, 09:00 PM   #2
mikikuki7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Searching for X6M or M8

Damn, I would call BMW of NA. Lets see what they have to say about it...
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #3
zerrantoss
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6

Sorry to hear that.
The dealers in Vancouver are not so bright either.
Maybe it's like a trend in Canada?

So after owing the money, do other dealers do services for you? Or is it only that specific one rejecting you?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #4
zerrantoss
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6

Anyways, if they need to charge you any money, they should have an invoice that you have agreed on and signed.

You never signed anything so you shouldn't need to pay a dime..

Plus.. it was their mistake in the first place about misinforming you about warranty..
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 02:04 AM   #5
imposss
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4 Comprtetion

Don't ever go to BMW west island. I've had very bad experience with them too. Go to canbec they have very good customer service. Ask for Ciprian he's service advisor, very cool guy.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #6
szj2020
Enlisted Member
Rep

I went to BMW Laval, and what a difference!!! Quick and professional service. Very friendly stuff. Looks Like BMW West Island will never see me or my money. My next X6 will come from Laval or Canbec.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2013, 09:37 PM   #7
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by szj2020
I was always disappointed with their service and stuff, but never to the point of complaining, but what happens last month is just outrages.

My regular beef with them is long waiting time for service, asking $20 for replacement Toyota corolla while they keep your car for few days (recall repair).

But this is something that got me fuming.

6 months ago i went for regular maintenance/oil change. Service rep told me that my Brakes are due in the same time (pads and disks) and this is something that is free because is cover by BMW warranty.

After 2 days car was ready with new brakes and oil.

Approximately 30 days later i got call from Service rep. from BMW West Island saying that they made a mistake and brake job was not covered by BMW warranty and basically i own them $1500. I was just speechless.

At the beginning i was trying to explain to them that i need to agree to the repair/service cost before job was done if they want to charge me.

After 20 min of very bizarre conversation i simply told the that i'm not going to pay dime, as i never agree to this, and they can take brakes back and install the old-ones or just can file a lawsuit against me.

that was end of this, but yesterday i call them for the oli appointment, and i was told that they will not service me as according to them i have unpaid invoice for $1500.

As conclusion word of advice, if you go there, be careful, they may offer you free new engine replacement but month after they will send you invoice for $20K
That is outrageous. Please post their email address and contact name. I want to write them a letter.

Let us all write them a letter!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 01:50 AM   #8
youyou
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 997 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by szj2020 View Post
I went to BMW Laval, and what a difference!!! Quick and professional service. Very friendly stuff. Looks Like BMW West Island will never see me or my money. My next X6 will come from Laval or Canbec.

Canbec all the way!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #9
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Sacrebleu!!!

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #10
SteveMD
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10 535i MSport

If the car was covered under the 4 years/50K maintenance plan, they would have not performed a brake job without getting the OK from BMW.

Weird.
2016 F10 535i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 12:31 PM   #11
szj2020
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMD View Post
If the car was covered under the 4 years/50K maintenance plan, they would have not performed a brake job without getting the OK from BMW.

Weird.
either way is BMW Canada or BMW West Island fault.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 11:17 AM   #12
HPIA4v2
Major
Rep
Drives: F80, F86

It's big bill, that's why there is dispute.

It happened to me once in smaller scale, I had good-will out of waranty by BMWUSA done on missing pixel on my X5. During pickup, the service-advisor, handed me the key and said I was good to go. I knew there was 1-hr labor charge while BMWUSA paid for new instrument-cluster (per verbal agreement with rep from BMWUSA on the phone), so I told my SA I think I owed them 1-hr labor. He said, yep, he made mistake thinking the car was still under waranty. So I gladly paid.

The flip happened as well, he mistaken my car for someone's and start writing how much the works were going to cost me when clearly my car is still under waranty. So at the end it's your car better know what's cover and not cover before even walking to dealer floor.
Appreciate 0